Literature

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Miras

Re: Literature

Post by Miras » Sun May 26, 2019 3:57 pm

I have postponed reading Vedas, becouse it´s just too much hymns I can´t process. I have apperently still enough mental capacity for Jungle book.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Miras

The Punishment and Death

Post by Miras » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:23 pm

This doesn´t entirely fit here, but I always knew I must mention this book here one day. You see, Swedish author Mats Olsson wrote a mystery novel that I think wasn´t actually translated to English, so I submit it here more like a peculiarity. It´s original title is "Straffa och låta dö" and in The Czechia it was published as "Trest a smrt" (The Punishment and Death). The main protagonist is erotical spanker, journalist Harry Svensson whose journey is interwined with the serial killer who first spanks women... And then kills them. Over the longer time, Harry and his collegues, will obviously track the murderer.

I must say I enjoyed the basic idea immensely, but although the novel wasn´t exactly badly written, it bored me frequntly and seemed rather slow. There´s at least one more book with Harry as main character, but I wasn´t interested anymore.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Kerry

Re: Literature

Post by Kerry » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Doesn’t sound like a good way to go
Key