New to the matter, but it is not true

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
sweetie

Re: New to the matter, but it is not true

Post by sweetie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:27 am

We’ve been to Venice two or three times and love the place. Also been to (apologies in advance for bad spelling) Rome, Florence, Pisa, Assisi, San Marino, Sorrento, loved the Adelfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, climbed Mount Vesuvius, and we’ve also been to a few ski resorts skiing the Dolomites - Arabba and Le Thiule spring to mind, but I’m sure there’s other places I’ve forgotten. On one ski trip, there was an evening coach trip to Turin to watch Juventus play Fiorentina in a Cup match. I went with a couple of friends, MrsSweetie stayed in ski resort with the rest of our ski crew. Florentina won 2-1. It was the new stadium, very impressive how it’s built down into the ground rather than rising above it. We love, Italy. Wish I could speak the language, I did try to learn it at night school once but, sadly, didn’t get on very well.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

rainonsundays

Post by rainonsundays » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:08 am

SredniVashtar wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:16 am
Dear All,
I am a 59 y.o. male professional from Rome (Italy), who recently started a DD relationship with a 36 y.o. woman. My/our background may sound odd (or maybe not at all), since I been into BDSM for 40 years, while she’s quite a lot on the “christian side of life”, with a deep commitment in religious matters and rituals of her Church/parish and no experience whatsoever in “kinky lifestyles”. Sounds like the story of the giraffe and the elephant, hu? Well, from some perspective it is certainly true. On the other side, I never been satisfied with what I consider the superficial approach of BDSM to love-based relationships, and she felt that something very important was missing from her side of the table, too. To cut it short, we met at midway, by pure chance, and we found out how much we have in common. Which is simply great: I want a woman to love and discipline within a well structured and long-lasting relationship, she wants a decent man who loves her and takes the responsibility of being the HoH.
I am not new to DD relationships: I had one 12 years ago, that lasted for 5 years, and was very satisfactory.
For the time being, both of us read (together and independently) all material we can find on the web. This forum already was among my bookmarks, while for her everyting is 100% new.
What to add? We are exploring our wishes, hopes and ideas, and it is really thrilling, since we are finding out that despite the different backgrounds we think the very same way on all aspects involving a love relationship. She says – some joking some not – that I been sent to her by God. Dunno, but no doubt cases like ours happen once in a lifetime, or one out of a million. We both consider ourselves very very lucky.
Life will tell.
Cheers,
Andrea
How did you and your lady meet? And how did you introduce the idea of DD into the relationship?

SredniVashtar

Post by SredniVashtar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:36 am

sweetie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:27 am
... I did try to learn it at night school once but, sadly, didn’t get on very well.
Dear sweetie, there is no valid reason to learn Italian, unless you want a part in "The Sopranos", or you're an opera singer. :D
We stay content with the fact that all Latin languages derive from our ancestors (namely French, Spanish, Portuguese, Rumanian...), so that we can at least read foreign newspapers without a dictionary aside (speaking is a different matter). ;)

SredniVashtar

Post by SredniVashtar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:44 am

rainonsundays wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:08 am
How did you and your lady meet? And how did you introduce the idea of DD into the relationship?
We met in an open chat, not kinky at all. Due to my nick (Educatore) she contacted me and started investigating the reason of my choice. Then she proposed a meeting in a public place and she mentioned the CDD. I replied: "I guess I know what you are talking about".
Lucky strike, indeed. :)

DDHOHOTK

Post by DDHOHOTK » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 am

Do you feel that DD is practiced in Italy often ?

Miras

Post by Miras » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:43 am

DDHOHOTK wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 am
Do you feel that DD is practiced in Italy often ?
I´m not the asked one, but I think female-led varient is there more practiced than it would seem :-).
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Astolaine

Post by Astolaine » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello Andrea

Welcome. what a lovely intro, and I'm so glad you have found someone who shares your outlook on life. My HoH and I have both reached this point via BDSM and we too felt that there was something lacking with just incorporating "playtime" based on a dom/sub relationship (if that makes sense)?

Anyone we are still finding our feet on this journey and although I do not share your partner's religious traits I do share her need for structure and affirmation via a confident HoH (which it sounds like both she and I have been fortunate enough to find)!

I wish you well on your journey xxx

Astolaine x