Do/Would You Hide Your DD Lifestyle From Your Kids?

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
chrisn

Re: Do/Would You Hide Your DD Lifestyle From Your Kids?

Post by chrisn » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 pm

I was raised in the south also but never got spanked, though I remember others getting paddlings in school. I was already fascinated by spanking at that point but feared finding myself on the receiving end of one, so I went out of my way to behave.

I'm not against spanking children at all. In fact, I don't think it's a coincidence that school shootings and kids roughing up their parents have become more common as anti-spanking has become more common. There's a great book called Nurtureshock that turns a lot of parenting ideas on their head.

As for revealing domestic discipline to your children, I guess that largely depends on the children themselves. I would probably keep it private unless they overheard or walked in on it.

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

I agree Chrisn,

As I said earlier...it is plainly obvious that this nonspanking idea isn't working out too well.

I was never paddled at school either. Never even had a detention.

As for telling your children, I wouldn't unless they were old enough to ask and understand. And then only maybe.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am

DesertRose wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:21 pm
Hello,

I have always wondered about that. Those of you who have kids ..
  • Do you give/receive spankings in front of your kids?
  • If not, do they know about it?
  • How do you hide it from them?
I have two kids...12 and 9. No we do not spank in front of our kids, but I have had my bottom swatted in front of or around them.
I am mostly spanked at night when the kids go to bed. Most of the time we hide it the best we can. Other times he isn't concerned about who hears it or if we get caught. (He uses quiet implements for those times.)
So .. We have strong suspicions that our oldest knows and doesn't say anything. But we really don't want them to know about it.

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 am

Goldilocks wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am
DesertRose wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:21 pm
Hello,

I have always wondered about that. Those of you who have kids ..
  • Do you give/receive spankings in front of your kids?
  • If not, do they know about it?
  • How do you hide it from them?
I have two kids...12 and 9. No we do not spank in front of our kids, but I have had my bottom swatted in front of or around them.
I am mostly spanked at night when the kids go to bed. Most of the time we hide it the best we can. Other times he isn't concerned about who hears it or if we get caught. (He uses quiet implements for those times.)
So .. We have strong suspicions that our oldest knows and doesn't say anything. But we really don't want them to know about it.
I believe it's the best approach. And if you got caught, you'd probably want to explain it to them.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:02 pm

femalefirefighter wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:05 pm
They thought it was funny that DH would say something to me about my choice of words used and if I got upset and let one or two slip they would “oooo mama said a bad word, hey you can’t say that, daddy mama just said .......”.

My son is just the opposite lol! He will always try to come to my defense if his daddy calls out something I’ve said or done in front of them. Like many have said, my husband smacks my butt in front of the kids plenty and has sometimes even spanked hard enough that it hurt as a way to tell me to get myself in check “or else” but the kids don’t think a thing of it really. He’s never really spanked in front of our kids or anything though and I wouldn’t want him to because I think it’s important that our kids respect me as well as their daddy. They have grown up knowing that daddy’s in charge of the family, but mama’s in charge of them too. Also, our kids have been spanked although it’s very rarely needed. I don’t care to debate with someone about whether or not they should do it, but it grinds my gears when a parent tries to convince me of how abusive and damaging it is for children. I’ll raise my kids and they can raise theirs however they choose, but I have some very well behaved, respectful, and kind children so I won’t be persuaded that we’ve somehow failed them because they’ve been spanked. This was an interesting topic! I know it’s been awhile since it was last active, but I wanted to chime in too.
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

Sassyclouds

Post by Sassyclouds » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm

I have 2 little girls and I hope they don't know. My HOH promised to keep it private between us. He always spanked me at night after they were asleep. Lately, he spanks me in his work shop-he makes killer wooden paddles omg!! So, he has started to send me there when it's daylight and my oldest was curious. Sadly, she now knows daddy spanks mommy. He said he wouldn't do that and now she knows. I cried when my 9 yr old found out. She threatens to tell on me now :cry:. I do believe in spanking-I let my husband do that. I can't even watch him spank her...it breaks me heart hearing her cry!! My mom spanked us kids way harder omg!! My young one is 4 yrs old-we have never spanked our youngest. She has Down Syndrome & is so sweet :P I had her at 41...I had my kids later in life.
I'm Sassy. Married 18yrs. I've had a DD marriage for over a year without consistency...

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Sassyclouds wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm
I have 2 little girls and I hope they don't know. My HOH promised to keep it private between us. He always spanked me at night after they were asleep. Lately, he spanks me in his work shop-he makes killer wooden paddles omg!! So, he has started to send me there when it's daylight and my oldest was curious. Sadly, she now knows daddy spanks mommy. He said he wouldn't do that and now she knows. I cried when my 9 yr old found out. She threatens to tell on me now :cry:. I do believe in spanking-I let my husband do that. I can't even watch him spank her...it breaks me heart hearing her cry!! My mom spanked us kids way harder omg!! My young one is 4 yrs old-we have never spanked our youngest. She has Down Syndrome & is so sweet :P I had her at 41...I had my kids later in life.
We have 4 daughters and 1 son and our daughters have never needed anything more than a stern look and some choice words to straighten up. They are so easy to discipline! Our son on the other hand, reminds me of me when I was a kid. Stubborn, head strong, speaks his mind, loves to prank his sisters...he’s a sweetheart too and I love him dearly, but he requires more than tough sounding words lol I can’t spank him either though. Thats hubby’s department lol Recently, my son got into trouble for pestering his sisters non stop with his nerf gun and dh made him bring it to him and broke it in half. Our son had to go pick up the broken pieces while his sisters stood in the door BAWLING! They felt sooo bad for their brother even though he was the one kept shooting them with nerf darts lol That was actually tough for me too. I felt bad his gun got broke, but dh had warned him several times so it wasn’t really undeserved.
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

Sassyclouds

Post by Sassyclouds » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Aawwwwww :( Well my daughter is very headstrong and stubborn and sassy lol...She always got in trouble at school because she felt she knew more than everyone else! At 9 yrs old she is doing great in school. She is just a sponge-learns everything quickly! She is very creative too! I still can't draw as good as her! She gets straight A's usually. It was spankings that finally helped her. Losing privileges and being grounded or corner time-even offering rewards if she just behaved didn't work. She was 5 when my husband spanked her for the first time. It was just a few swatts but it worked! He rarely has to resort to spanking her though. It's nice meeting you. I have trouble responding to people here. It's confusing! Uuggghhhh!
I'm Sassy. Married 18yrs. I've had a DD marriage for over a year without consistency...

Tirzah

Post by Tirzah » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:48 am

Our DD lifestyle is not hidden from the children, for starters there is no way to hide it when we live in a cottage with very thin walls.

When we began in DD we sat with the children and went through authority figures and the ability they had to enforce the rules. How the Bible set this out in the beginning, we went through the family roles, husband, wife, children. Nick then went on to explain discipline and how their discipline was going to look, (the younger kids get time out in a corner) he then explained that Mummy would also be disciplined if I am not being the wife I should be as the Bible lays out for us. As head over me it is his job to ensure I can grow to become a better person.

We never said that it would involve being spanked, he just said Mummy has different discipline, and left it like that.

At that point we lived in a very big house and all discipline was done in the bedroom which was far away from the kids. However, we moved...

We moved to a house where the walls are very thin and it is all on one floor, the girls room is right next to ours.

Our kids do not go to bed early, but we try to keep discipline to when they should be asleep, although on occasions when I have been having a complete melt down in front of the kids, I have been ordered to the bedroom and then paddled. So they know Mummy has gotten into trouble.

I was really nervous about being spanked at first and sometimes I still am. When I ask Nick 'are you not worried that we will be heard' his reply is always the same 'No, I don't care if we are heard' That puts me at ease, because he is not worried about it.

When the belt is being used the girls questioned what the crack noise was, I was so embarrassed lol, But Nick just said it is Daddy and Mummy time and they accepted that, they do not question it any more.

Our older Son who lives with us must know although we have never come outright and said that Mummy is spanked. Our Rules hang in our bedroom and it states it clearly on there though, he sits facing that wall sometimes when he brings his laptop into our room so we can play an online game together. Aside from the fact that he does know what a belt sounds like when cracking down on skin (he has seen enough movies) He knows that 2 belts hang in our room and that Nick does not ever wear those 2. So yeah he knows too.

A little while back the girls were being especially bad and Nick went in to their room and told them that they would be spanked if they carried on...they laughed at him. So he went on to say that Mummy does not laugh when he spanks her :O His hand is very hard and hurts alot, then called me in to verify this, i burried my head in his shoulder as i said yes it hurts...

Since then we found out it is illegal to spank your kids in our country and so he revoked it before ever doing it and corner time was reinstated. BUT, they now know completly lol.

The other week our youngest was playing up and i told her that Daddy was going to ask how they had behaved and what was i going to say? she piped up and said well then i will tell Daddy that you have been naughty and get you into a world of trouble....We laughed and her behaviour improved after a lecture about God and lying.

So No we dont hide it, it is part of our lives and they can see how happy we are, they know we dont arguemuch and when we do it is over quickly, the can see we are happy.

Tirzah

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am

My 5 year old found out last night that Daddy spanks Mommy. Brandon usually puts the girls in the bedroom with the TV on and tells them to stay in there til he comes and gets them. Or we wait till they are in bed. Yesterday Brandon text me and said he would be home in 15 minutes. Go downstairs and wait for him in the corner. My 5 year old was in her bedroom already and the two year old was in the livingroom watching Mickey Mouse. He said hi to the girls but then came right down. He left 2 year old in the livingroom. She didn't care one bit what was going on. And he left the 5 year old's door open.

Half way through you hear her from upstairs "Mom, Dad, I hear spanking noises. What are you doing down there?" We busted out laughing. Brandon told her to not worry about it and go back in her room and close the door.

Afterwards Brandon talked to her and told her that spankings aren't a bad thing. They help us learn. She replied with "You and mommy don't like each other. You don't get along." He told her that we love each other very much and we get along just fine. He explained to her that he does spank mommy because he does love and care for mommy so much. Just like he loves her and corrects her when she does something wrong. And then they moved on.

So yeah, cats out of the bag here.