I am curious - and not yellow.

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Rand E

I am curious - and not yellow.

Post by Rand E » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi everybody. I am Rand from Los Angeles (don't call me Randy). I have to say, I have never followed or posted on any discussion boards marked for adults only, although this site is not your traditional adult site, so to speak.

I have been married now for 25 years, so needless to say I am a bit long in the tooth for this group (maybe). For most of that time, my wife and I have practiced what I would call traditional mild B & D sexual practices.

What is traditional? I tie her up (loose or tight, to the bed, the door, whatever) and apply discipline (hand, paddle, crop), then we have sex. I have tried, just for fun and out of curiosity, to get her to spank me back, but she doesn't show much interest.

I hate to make it sound so routine, but there it is. After more than 20 years, nothing really stays fresh and interesting (kind of like my job).

So I can't say as I am new to spanking, but it's usually in the context of light bondage. Every so often, I will take my wife and apply a traditional OTK spanking, no bondage. But unlike DD (as I understand it) the discipline I administer to her is always sexual foreplay, whereas DD is ....... er ...... real (for lack of a better word).

I just recently came across this Domestic Discipline topic, and I'm very curious. I can't just sit around thinking about it, so I figured I would chat with some folks knowledgeable in the topic and see what they have to say. My wife and I may not be good candidates for the DD style of relationship, but still, I'm curious. And I am definitely not afraid to see where it might lead if it makes sense for us.

BTW: Is this site primarily British? I can't think about spanking without the English coming to mind. ;)

That's it for now. Hope to chat with you all soon. Thanks.

Rand

Kerry

Re: I am curious - and not yellow.

Post by Kerry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Rand,
I can’t help but asking if your dad created the almanac:). That’s how I will remember your name. I think more than 1/2 here are from United States. I am definitely at least your age but I’m engaged. I’m fairly new to this, less than a year, and slowly developing. With this partner, I have never been spanked as a sexual practice. We live in different cities so that is also developing at a slower rate as far as creativity. Plus we each have children around. I initiated this. I’m fairly spoiled and independent and have some bad habits. I’m very kind and giving but I think of myself first so I need some practice. What kind of things does she need disciplined for- yikes I ended in a preposition and I’m too tired to change it:). I suppose that’s what makes it real. If she wants to change and you want her to change, you can create some rules and follow through with enforcing them. I love the part where I kneel and he asks me and tells me what I did wrong and how I can do better and he instructs me on my next move and spanks me. Rarely. I’m pretty good except I spend more than I can admit but I work hard too. He would probably spank me if he knew but it’s my secret that I can’t even admit to myself. Plus time alone is difficult to find and I just can’t figure it out. I think he was traumatized when he held me down and spanked me while I cried and begged. Just once. Other than my arm hurting, I think I crave that but I certainly don’t want to harm him so I’m patient. Going to Chicago for 3 days just the 2 of us. Yes! Good to have you here
Key

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Adding DD to a 25 year marriage is probably a great way to keep it fresh! If spanking and power exchange are a turn on at all, making it real with DD is incredibly sexy. And if you get serious about the trust and submission and rules and consequences it’s great for the emotional intensity of a marriage. Then there are benefits of personal growth for both participants that are exciting. Freshness all the way around!

You don’t have to be young to be here! There are all ages I believe. Welcome and good luck.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 am

Thanks for the welcome Kerry. I can see you are coming at this from a completely different direction than me, but that in itself is interesting. Do you post on the discussion threads much?
Kerry wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm
Rand,
I can’t help but asking if your dad created the almanac:). That’s how I will remember your name. I think more than 1/2 here are from United States. I am definitely at least your age but I’m engaged. I’m fairly new to this, less than a year, and slowly developing. With this partner, I have never been spanked as a sexual practice. We live in different cities so that is also developing at a slower rate as far as creativity. Plus we each have children around. I initiated this. I’m fairly spoiled and independent and have some bad habits. I’m very kind and giving but I think of myself first so I need some practice. What kind of things does she need disciplined for- yikes I ended in a preposition and I’m too tired to change it:). I suppose that’s what makes it real. If she wants to change and you want her to change, you can create some rules and follow through with enforcing them. I love the part where I kneel and he asks me and tells me what I did wrong and how I can do better and he instructs me on my next move and spanks me. Rarely. I’m pretty good except I spend more than I can admit but I work hard too. He would probably spank me if he knew but it’s my secret that I can’t even admit to myself. Plus time alone is difficult to find and I just can’t figure it out. I think he was traumatized when he held me down and spanked me while I cried and begged. Just once. Other than my arm hurting, I think I crave that but I certainly don’t want to harm him so I’m patient. Going to Chicago for 3 days just the 2 of us. Yes! Good to have you here

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:41 am

Thanks for the reply - very encouraging. Now, I need to spend a little time reviewing the DD literature on this site (or read the "DD for Dummies" book) so that I can jump on some of the discussion threads and not sound like a dummy. :P

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 am

When I’m happier, I chime in. When I’m not, I write in my journal here
Key

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:44 am

What do you mean you are not yellow? I've never heard that phrase.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 am

I Am Curious (Yellow). An old Swedish film.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:47 am

Welcome Rand E. We're from the UK and over here if someone is 'yellow' it means they're a coward. At school (many moons ago) the phrase was 'yellowy cowardy custard' if you were chicken or too afraid to do something the other kids wanted to do. Usually, in my case, heard when we were playing Dare.

If you haven't seen them already, I'd suggest checking out Clint and Chelsea's excellent DD blogs in the 'Blog posts' section of this site. For me, through DD, my wife is helping me improve and be a better person for the benefit of our household and relationship. It's not without its difficulties and challenges but overall its been wonderful for us and has brought us closer together.
Last edited by sweetie on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetie x

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for the welcome.