Forum software

Important threats will be linked here.
Clint

Re: Forum software

Post by Clint » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Lovely wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 pm
Is this just about the colour schemes/layout? Or about how sections are sorted and how the forum is navigated?

I helped run a forum in the early 2000's and things looked pretty similar to this so I'm comfortable with it (although that does confirm Chelsea's opinion that this forum looks old! :lol: Crazy how that was so long ago already). However, if you're wanting just visual variety, is there a way to make it an option for users to modify to their own "skin" choice? I recall we had a dozen or so different skins available so each user could set what suited their preferences.
:D

And it does! We just uploaded a new "style", which looks flatter and a bit more modern. I will be looking into the skin seelction as well.

How do you like the new skin so far? :?:
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

NateG

Post by NateG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Clint,

It took a few minutes to get used to it, but it is brighter and I guess I do like that better as long as we can still navigate the same way. The other style did look a bit dark I suppose. Time to come out of the darkness and into the light, right?

Nate

Clint

Post by Clint » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:34 pm

NateG wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm
Clint,

It took a few minutes to get used to it, but it is brighter and I guess I do like that better as long as we can still navigate the same way. The other style did look a bit dark I suppose. Time to come out of the darkness and into the light, right?

Nate
Nate,

that's true! I'm still working on some issues. We want to add more colors as well, let's see :)
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:31 pm

NateG wrote:
... as long as we can still navigate the same way...
The old style used to have a link at the bottom of every page to take you to the "Domestic Discipline Forum Index", useful when you've just scrolled yo the bottom of a long page!

I notice that the old style is still available and can be selected on the board preferences page in the user control panel so... can everyone choose the one that they prefer?
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Please keep this style!!!! If you change it, I'll have to learn how to use it, and I don't like that idea lol lol
I want to change

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Ok what is happening and why is it blue?! I can adjust but I like the old one better. I completed a masters online and they changed in the middle of the program. I adjusted.
Key

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

But I can’t easily determine what remains unread
Key

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 pm

I like the old one better. I've tried adjusting all day to it and awful!! Lol

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 am

Lauren wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 pm
I like the old one better. I've tried adjusting all day to it and awful!! Lol
You can change back to the old one, Lauren.
Go to your 'User Control Panel' and there's a tab called 'Board preferences'. Use the drop-down box and select 'prosilver Special Edition' and you'll be back on the old style again. (You still get the new style when you're not logged in but as soon as you sign in you're back in your comfort zone!)

I hope the old style remains an option at least.
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

Clint

Post by Clint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 am

Ezz wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:31 pm
NateG wrote:
... as long as we can still navigate the same way...
The old style used to have a link at the bottom of every page to take you to the "Domestic Discipline Forum Index", useful when you've just scrolled yo the bottom of a long page!

I notice that the old style is still available and can be selected on the board preferences page in the user control panel so... can everyone choose the one that they prefer?
True,

the old style is available and we'll keep it like that. I'll check out the link issue, too.
We'll also uüpload more styles and a brief intro how to change the style ...

I do believe, however, that the style change was a good idea :?:

It does look more modern now?