Forum software

Important threats will be linked here.
Clint

Forum software

Post by Clint » Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 am

When I installed this forum, I wasn't sure how many of you would sign up and whether we'd have an active forum again. However, when I see how many posts we have now, I'd say it's more than active. Thanks! ;)

Which leads me to my problem. Chelsea doesn't like the forum software I picked this time and says it looks old (which I admit).

There are other forums which look way better, lighter, and more fun to use.

One example: https://www.womens-health.com/boards/forum

Another example: https://community.woltlab.com/?l=2

(These are different software types).

What do you guys think. Do you like the current forum? I mean it works and is responsive..
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

geeman

Re: Forum software

Post by geeman » Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 am

I'm perfectly fine with the current look but will continue coming in no matter what you change it to....

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm

I agree with Gee. I understand this one so whichever way is fine with me.
Key

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Fri May 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Personally I dislike both of the examples and think the current styling is fine as it is. Can't even agree that they are 'better, lighter, and more fun to use'.

Don't see any need to change it at all.

Unless the current software is struggling with quantity of traffic or there's some additional useful functionality to be had...
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Fri May 18, 2018 4:29 pm

I don’t mind the styling here. I wouldn’t mind a new format either.

Lavendar

Post by Lavendar » Fri May 18, 2018 6:50 pm

I actually like this format better because of the ability to sort for active threads. I do agree that it's darker, but that doesn't override the active thread feature.
Lavendar :)

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 pm

I prefer this style. Keep it please.Unless like Ezz said, you're having problems with it.

Clint

Post by Clint » Sat May 19, 2018 12:32 am

geeman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 pm
I'm perfectly fine with the current look but will continue coming in no matter what you change it to....
Awesome .. thanks! 8-)
Kerry wrote:
I agree with Gee. I understand this one so whichever way is fine with me.
Ezz wrote:
Personally I dislike both of the examples and think the current styling is fine as it is. Can't even agree that they are 'better, lighter, and more fun to use'.
That's interesting! True, they have more elements. Good point!
CassLynn wrote:
I don’t mind the styling here. I wouldn’t mind a new format either.
Lavender wrote:
I actually like this format better because of the ability to sort for active threads. I do agree that it's darker, but that doesn't override the active thread feature.
Lauren wrote:
I prefer this style. Keep it please.Unless like Ezz said, you're having problems with it.
Given that most of you guys were either neutral or supportive of our current forum, I believe we'll just keep it ... that's the easiest thing to do :lol:

Thanks everyone for commenting so fast !
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat May 19, 2018 1:36 am

Yes, I'm in favor of keeping it as it is also. I didn't like the looks of those other examples. This seems to be working fine.

Nate

Lovely

Post by Lovely » Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Is this just about the colour schemes/layout? Or about how sections are sorted and how the forum is navigated?

I helped run a forum in the early 2000's and things looked pretty similar to this so I'm comfortable with it (although that does confirm Chelsea's opinion that this forum looks old! :lol: Crazy how that was so long ago already). However, if you're wanting just visual variety, is there a way to make it an option for users to modify to their own "skin" choice? I recall we had a dozen or so different skins available so each user could set what suited their preferences.