Corner Time

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
sweetie

Corner Time

Post by sweetie » Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 am

Hi,

Apologies if there's already a Corner Time thread - I looked, but couldn't find one.

My HoH usually uses a combination of spanking, writing lines, and grounding / privilege restrictions to keep me in line, but recently I've been given corner time - usually 5, 10 or 15 minutes. I'll be honest, I don't enjoy corner time and 15 minutes feels like a long time trying to stand still without speaking, with my nose in a corner, staring at the walls close-up.

Not sure if my HoH has picked up on this, or not, but I've been threatened with significantly longer and more challenging corner time in the future.

Although I will submit, my HoH knows that, I'm not looking forward to longer than 15 minute corner time and I have no idea what to expect from 'more challenging corner time'.

I wondered what others experiences of corner time were and how you get through it?

Many thanks,
sweetie x

Ezz

Re: Corner Time

Post by Ezz » Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 am

It is a bit odd that there is a section for "Spanking" but no section for "Other punishments" as that would be an obvious place to look for (or post) information on Corner Time.

As to your post about Corner Time, I frequently have had to ensure this most tedious and ridiculous form of punishment. My HoH knows how much I hate it and chooses to use it precisely for that reason.

Fifteen minutes is a long time and the words "significantly longer" don't sound good to me. I doubt that any increase over 15 minutes would yield much additional benefit, if any. I don't know what 'more challenging' might involve either, although in an effort to make me keep even stiller than normal, I have had to hold a coin against the wall with my nose! I often have to have my hands on top of my head, which I always think is very childish but I have to obey.

For me, Corner Time is enforced strictly and any 'playing up' (which includes movement, looking round, making a sound, arguing with it, or being 'reluctant' in any way) means being put over the back of a chair, caned, and then sent back to the corner to start again. Consequently I don't 'play up' much!
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 am

Im soooo glad my Hoh is not into corner time as a sole punishment. I do it for ten minutes tops right before a spanking which I don’t mind because I’m akways feeling very meek then. Or halfway through a long spanking to think about the reason I’m being paddled which I also see as beneficial and it gives my bottom a rest which I like. If I were sent to the corner as a punishment on its own it would drive me crazy and I would probably have a very hard time submitting to that. Time wasting makes me extremely anxious and always has. I’d probably end up getting paddled to make me take a corner time session.

I’ve noticed some DD relationships focus a great deal on reinforcing order following and what I think of as subservience more than submission. In our relationship the focus is on my personal well being and the happiness of our marriage. I prefer it that way but realize others are satisfied with the dynamic of their DD relationships.

geeman

Post by geeman » Fri May 18, 2018 10:29 am

Corner time is the go-to punishment for my Wife and it is always proceeded by a lecture. I rarely am put there for longer than a half hour. Usually about 20 minutes. Though I do get spanked for infractions, it is not that often. I get a weekly maintenance spanking but so long as I don't really piss Her off, that's about it.

I'm not mandated to specifically stand any way or hold my arms in any position but I am usually naked. She will sometimes remain in the room during this period, other times not. I was made to bend over and spread my cheeks for 5 minutes one time because I was "being an asshole". In general, I am in the corner 2-3 times in a typical week.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Fri May 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks for the responses. It wouldn't surprise me if I find out more about what my HoH has in mind this weekend...
Ezz wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 am
Fifteen minutes is a long time and the words "significantly longer" don't sound good to me. I doubt that any increase over 15 minutes would yield much additional benefit, if any. I don't know what 'more challenging' might involve either, although in an effort to make me keep even stiller than normal, I have had to hold a coin against the wall with my nose! I often have to have my hands on top of my head, which I always think is very childish but I have to obey.
@Ezz: Yes, I agree 15 minutes is plenty long enough and it does seem a bit ridiculous but, like you say, I have to obey. I find it difficult to keep still and quiet, often fidgeting, so that holding the coin against the wall with nose sounds like exactly the sort of thing my HoH would be interested in. How easy is it to hold the coin against the wall without dropping it and what are / were the consequences of dropping it?

I also find HoH's warning about 'more challenging' ominous.

--
CassLynn wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 am
Im soooo glad my Hoh is not into corner time as a sole punishment. I do it for ten minutes tops right before a spanking which I don’t mind because I’m akways feeling very meek then. Or halfway through a long spanking to think about the reason I’m being paddled which I also see as beneficial and it gives my bottom a rest which I like. If I were sent to the corner as a punishment on its own it would drive me crazy and I would probably have a very hard time submitting to that. Time wasting makes me extremely anxious and always has. I’d probably end up getting paddled to make me take a corner time session.
@CassLynn: I think HoH is looking for other punishments that aren't corporal punishment. I don't think HoH likes spanking me as HoH doesn't want to hurt me. There's been an increase in lines and grounding / removal of privileges lately and I think HoH sees corner time as another alternative punishment.

--
geeman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:29 am
Corner time is the go-to punishment for my Wife and it is always proceeded by a lecture. I rarely am put there for longer than a half hour. Usually about 20 minutes. Though I do get spanked for infractions, it is not that often. I get a weekly maintenance spanking but so long as I don't really piss Her off, that's about it.

I'm not mandated to specifically stand any way or hold my arms in any position but I am usually naked. She will sometimes remain in the room during this period, other times not. I was made to bend over and spread my cheeks for 5 minutes one time because I was "being an asshole". In general, I am in the corner 2-3 times in a typical week.
@geeman: I sense that my HoH is moving towards go-to punishments that aren't spanking in a similar way to your Wife. Half an hour sounds like a long time to me. HoH has so far had me standing to attention, up straight, with shoulders back and arms down by my side. I've also had to put hands on head and also cross my arms behind my back.

--
Last edited by sweetie on Wed May 23, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sweetie x

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Fri May 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Sweetie,

I hope you are able to keep a submissive feeling and that your marriage will benefit from whatever your Hoh has planned. Good luck.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Thank you, CassLynn. I hope so too.
sweetie x

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Sat May 19, 2018 5:54 am

This morning I got 27 minutes corner time, completely naked, arms folded behind my back. There was little preamble, my HoH told me to strip and go spend some thinking time in the corner. This was the longest corner time I've ever had and it felt like forever. I kept fidgeting and my HoH, looking up from her iPad, had to remind me to keep still or else I'd get longer.

I've never been so relieved as when my HoH told me it was over, but she warned me I could expect more corner time and variations on the theme until she found the right approach with corner time to take me in hand.

I thanked my HoH and asked why 27 minutes and my HoH said she'd been thinking about giving me longer timeouts and that half an hour seemed dull. My HoH said I should count myself lucky she'd opted for 27 minutes and not 33 which she was also considering.

I had intended to keep a submissive state of mind @CassLynn and trust my HoH implicitly but I couldn't stop myself blurting out "I don't understand this, why don't you just spank me instead?"

Needless to say my HoH was not impressed with this outburst. It earned me 100 lines of "I must respect and accept my wife's punishment decisions" which I must complete before bedtime tonight. This won't be easy as we have a busy day planned.

My HoH also said she was beginning to think that I might enjoy being spanked by her and that punishment was meant to be just that - punishment, not an enjoyable experience.
sweetie x

Lovely

Post by Lovely » Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 pm

I agree with your question sweetie- why 27 minutes? Seems like a strange number! I would think nice rounded numbers like 20, 25, or 30 would make more sense. 27 just is odd... But probably chosen for that very reason! Just to confuse you!! :lol:

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Mon May 21, 2018 5:35 am

Lovely wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 pm
I agree with your question sweetie- why 27 minutes? Seems like a strange number! I would think nice rounded numbers like 20, 25, or 30 would make more sense. 27 just is odd... But probably chosen for that very reason! Just to confuse you!! :lol:
Thanks, Lovely. Yes, I think my HoH did choose it for the reasons of unpredictability and maybe to keep me off balance.

It turned out I had a busier weekend than expected and the randomness of 27 on Saturday morning was followed up with 33 on Sunday, but more on that later.

Saturday

As posted previously, I got 27 minutes corner time in the morning, completely naked, arms folded behind my back.

We then went out to a Royal Wedding Party at a friends house to watch the Royal Wedding (which was lovely, by the way). We went in my car as my HoH would be drinking and I would be her designated driver. I'd expected that we'd be there until evening, maybe with the men-folk being allowed to watch the F.A. Cup Final (soccer) between Chelsea and Manchester United.

My HoH surprised me shortly after 4.00 pm by whispering in my ear, do you want to go home and watch the football match? Surprised, but also delighted, I whispered back, "Yes please, Ma'am, if you don't mind."

So we said our goodbyes and headed home. On the drive my HoH asked when I'd last cleaned my car out? To be honest, I couldn't remember. My HoH said it was a pigsty and she'd be doing something about that tomorrow (Sunday). The rest of the drive home was uneventful and we chatted amiably.

Once we got home, I attended to my HoH's needs, making sure she had everything she needed including a hot cup of tea, and a cold drink. After I'd done a few tidying chores, including hoovering the house, my HoH said "Enjoy the football, sweetie" and announced that she'd get some sun in the garden and read her book.

I thanked her and then settled down to watch the football match which was due to kick-off in about 10 minutes.

When the match was about five minutes in, my HoH came in and said, "By the way, sweetie, have you written your lines yet?" [If you missed it in an earlier post, I earned 100 lines after my 27 minutes corner time that morning by not keeping my mouth shut).

I admitted I hadn't (my HoH knew this already because we'd been out at the party).

"Oh dear, sweetie," my HoH said. "That's a shame. You'd best come outside with me and write them now."

And so, whilst the football match was underway, I found myself outside on our patio, kneeling at my HoH's feet, writing out "I must respect and accept my wife's punishment decisions" 100 times. It took me about an hour and ten minutes, by which time my wrist ached from the tedious writing, and my knees hurt from kneeling on the hard stone patio.

My HoH took her time checking my lines, but eventually approved them. After I'd thanked her, she dismissed me so I could watch the rest of the football match. The second-half was well under way, Chelsea were 1-0 up (so I missed what turned out to be the only goal of the match) and watched about the last 25 minutes of it.

The rest of Saturday was uneventful. My HoH didn't mention my pigsty of a car again, but I knew she wouldn't forget and found myself wondering what Sunday would bring.
Last edited by sweetie on Wed May 23, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetie x