What are your political views?

Politics, science, and your life!
natureandtradition

Re: What are your political views?

Post by natureandtradition » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40 pm

As someone who absolutely believes in consensual DD and see scientific and psychological arguments in favor of it, I've been amazed at the assumptions about what my politics are "supposed" to be.

I'm also Christian. Which comes with another set of presumptions. But while I believe my faith allows it, I'm not one who considers my lifestyle preferences mandated by my faith or that it prescribes a certain political bent.

Being raised fundamentalist in a very conservative region, let's just say my family wouldn't be thrilled with how I vote.

And equally, my personal relationship preferences aren't something I can openly discuss with those who I generally find a ton of common ground with as regards social and political issues.

Guess that makes me an independent thinker.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:40 am

I just want to throw out a practical consideration (or caution) to everybody on this topic. I can see no reason why being engaged in a DD marriage or LTR implies a particular political orientation. We have a common cause here that is specific to domestic discipline. I realize we come from varying political backgrounds, but we absolutely do not need to be on the same political page on other matters when what matters on this forum is that we promote the cause of domestic discipline relationships and the freedom to govern our own lives and marriages according to our own needs. So, please don't go down that rabbit-hole. Focus on the needs and values of DD couples, and don't let the other political noise out there get in the way of that.

HarveyLondon

Post by HarveyLondon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:04 am

This is an interesting topic. I believe that politics and religion play a massive part in life outside of DD. However, I would prefer to think that in today's society and culture of equality etc some people just like an alpha male to be an alpha male and a woman to be submissive to a man and be taken care of by the man. Is that view too controversial?

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 pm

HarveyLondon wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:04 am
This is an interesting topic. I believe that politics and religion play a massive part in life outside of DD. However, I would prefer to think that in today's society and culture of equality etc some people just like an alpha male to be an alpha male and a woman to be submissive to a man and be taken care of by the man. Is that view too controversial?
That's the whole point. You and your spouse make the kind of life that you want. It's your right in a free society (alas, I admit, to the extent that it is still free). We should not have to feel that "society at large" is out there judging us. Nobody on this forum should feel there is a need to feel guilty about having a consensual DD marriage or LTR. Ignore the controversy and focus on making the kind of life and kind of marriage that you both want.

HarveyLondon

Post by HarveyLondon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:08 am

Rand E wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 pm
HarveyLondon wrote:
That's the whole point. You and your spouse make the kind of life that you want. It's your right in a free society (alas, I admit, to the extent that it is still free). We should not have to feel that "society at large" is out there judging us. Nobody on this forum should feel there is a need to feel guilty about having a consensual DD marriage or LTR. Ignore the controversy and focus on making the kind of life and kind of marriage that you both want.
I agree 100%. What ever society feels, a couple with the same beliefs, who are open and honest with each other, is far better than a couple with secrets.

ColdAir

Post by ColdAir » Thu May 06, 2021 6:41 pm

I should probably do a post on my favorite political discussion forum about my DD or non DD leanings.
I say in jest.
Loving HOH to WarmAir1

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 pm

ColdAir wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:41 pm
I should probably do a post on my favorite political discussion forum about my DD or non DD leanings.
I say in jest.
:lol: :lol:

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Thu May 06, 2021 8:46 pm

HarveyLondon wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:08 am
Rand E wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 pm
HarveyLondon wrote:
I agree 100%. What ever society feels, a couple with the same beliefs, who are open and honest with each other, is far better than a couple with secrets.
And I agree 100%. Except, when my wife and I are sometimes not open and honest, that usually results in some consequences. But after that, it's all good. ;)

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Thu May 06, 2021 8:47 pm

ColdAir wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:41 pm
I say in jest.
What are you trying to do? Start an uproar?

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:06 pm

I am a Federalist, in the sense the term was used in the 1770's.

The terms conservative and liberal have come to mean many strange things. I consider myself both extremely conservative and extremely liberal. In fact, the US constitution was written with the goal of allowing a society of sinners to conserve liberty.

Many attempts have been made to make a free society in the history of the world. The US constitution has been the most successful because it marginalizes the sinfulness of men by setting them in counterbalance to one another. It isn't perfect, it's just the best anyone has ever achieved.

But no nation can survive long that does not revere virtue. Even Israel, a nation founded by God himself, fell when its people turned to corruption.

--Jacob