Hello and greetings from Germany!

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
roseami

Hello and greetings from Germany!

Post by roseami » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Hello Everyone,
I discovered this forum just a few days ago and have been drawn in reading even just the public posts. I find it it truly fascinating to hear about other's experiences and it also helps to feel less alone in regards to relationship dynamics. I have always known that I desire to have a partner in my life who holds authority over me and supports me by disciplining me when I need it. After numerous attempts to find such a partner I finally met my current boyfriend and introduced the lifestyle to him.
Our current arrangement is that I get disciplined when I fail to meet goals that I set. I have encouraged him that he may also punish me if he feels my behavior is lacking in other ways and can convince me that I deserve it, but we haven't gotten there yet. In good part because there have been no serious issues in our relationship and the main thing he disapproves of is laziness, which I do get punished for under the other arrangement. Besides that I support him from a helping role, while he supports me back from an authoritative, guiding role. Anyway, we will likely get deeper into this in the future, but that's where we are now. I have to keep track of how I do with my goals throughout the week and he goes over it every Saturday and I get punished for any slip-ups, which there are usually at least a few of, as the goals I set for myself are things that I have struggled with for years.
We both do academic research on human behavior. He is an Assistant Prof and I am a PhD student, though obviously not his student (in the outside world). :P
We also like to reflect on whether there is a scientific explaination for why people are drawn to and benefit from DD.
I may be somewhat unusual in that I am somewhat "out" to many friends about the kind of relationship I am in. I find it too much a burdon to keep secerts, so instead I deal with people telling me that I am a bad feminist or worse somehow blaming him for being "bad" when he is a pretty timid nice guy who has really needed his time developing the habit of taking charge.
I look forward to connecting with you all and learning about what is shared and different in our experiences. :)

Miras

Re: Hello and greetings from Germany!

Post by Miras » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:11 am

Welcome, roseami! If you know Perry Rhodan fans, I´m sending them my greetings!
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Emily

Post by Emily » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:50 am

Welcome! :)

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:24 am

Welcome!!!

darrone

Post by darrone » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Welcome, Roseami. We spent a lovely vacation in Bavaria - based in Munich - a few years ago. May I ask which part of Germany you're located in?

roseami

Post by roseami » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:36 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)
I am from the Southwest of Germany, so not too far from Bavaria (Southeast).

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:15 am

Welcome, Roseami.
I love your name. It's beautiful! My grandmother is from Germany but was not so fortunate, as her parents named her Gertraud. :lol: She hates it, and gets mad if anyone calls her that. :lol: She lives in a small town in Texas, and everyone took to calling her Oma! :)

I would be interested to learn if you reach any conclusions in your research about why people crave this lifestyle.

-ML💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

Miras

Post by Miras » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:37 am

MyLove wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:15 am
Welcome, Roseami.
I love your name. It's beautiful! My grandmother is from Germany but was not so fortunate, as her parents named her Gertraud. :lol: She hates it, and gets mad if anyone calls her that. :lol: She lives in a small town in Texas, and everyone took to calling her Oma! :)

I would be interested to learn if you reach any conclusions in your research about why people crave this lifestyle.

-ML💕
Well it can be converted to much cuter "Trudy".
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Miras wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:37 am
MyLove wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:15 am
Welcome, Roseami.

-ML💕
Well it can be converted to much cuter "Trudy".
Yes, she does indroduce herself as Trudy. As a child she went by the nickname, "Traudl." :)
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:59 pm

The scientific method struck a chord with me. I'm not sure if sometime in our early lives we saw or heard of something that made us think "I need rules and consequences" or I would like to be the one who sets rules and redeems the consequences to help that person". But I know for a fact this is working wonders for me and my HOH, we are polar opposites and she leads me to perfect harmony.
Submissive ❤ Loving Husband + LovingAndStrict06