Can't sleep, what do you do?

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
KrystalA

Can't sleep, what do you do?

Post by KrystalA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:41 am

Hey everyone,
So I was wondering what you all do when you have a restless night?
I read or watch TV. I live watching crime shows, such as Foresic Files, FBI Files, and Cold Cases. These are real life crimes and the show is a documentary of that crime. Very educational.

MyLove

Re: Can't sleep, what do you do?

Post by MyLove » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:05 am

Sometimes I will watch TV, other times I take a shower in the dark. (Sounds weird, probably, but it's relaxing. I lose myself in the white noise of the running water.) If I'm having the kind of restless night where I'm too tired to sleep, desperately want to sleep, and want to crawl out of my own skin with frustration, I have a small snack, like a piece of toast or something. It switches off that "second wind" surge of adrenaline. I have surfed my phone when I couldn't sleep, but it made me more wired, and I was pretty miserable the next day, so I can't recommend that.

Coffea 30c is a homeopathic remedy available at natural foods stores, and is also helpful, but you can't take it within 30 minutes of brushing your teeth, because something in mint makes homeopathy not work well. Natural Calm is a drinkable magnesium supplement that I have also found helpful, and melatonin is the strongest of the "natural" sleep aids.

Benedryl is my last-resort sleep aid, because I have young children, and need to be able to get up and help them in the night if they need it, and have to be clear-headed on school mornings to drive my oldest to school. I have been known to take it on Fridays, when Phil has assured me that I can sleep in on Saturday.

I hope that's helpful for you.
-ML 💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:09 am

Those are awesome ideas ML, thanks for sharing. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol :lol:

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:39 am

I like taking a bath in the dark. Going for a short walk. Or watching tv.

I took 2 allergy pills the other day. That was a big mistake! They had Benedryl in them. Within half an hour I wanted to sleep in the worst way. Good thing it was close to nap time for my younger two. I layed them down then napped.

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:31 am

Making a habitual routine will train your brain to wind down and sleep.

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Good ideas :)

Habitual routine is great Nate!
Walking?! More power to you Lauren :lol: that would make me get a second wind

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Yes..as soon as I turn on Fraiser... my favorite comedy show, my body starts getting tired. I don't turn it on until I'm ready to sleep.

Nate

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Oh wow.. TV keeps me up lol

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:52 pm

In my case, I've seen every episode at least 30 times so I often just listen until I fall asleep.

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17 pm

The doctor I work with uses melatonin dissolve tablets. I have very problematic sleep. I have used aspirin and relaxes me and works for about four hours. Hydrocodone with acetaminophen also works about four hours. I have used Benadryl 50mg. I currently use clonazepam small dose. Very effective prescription med. Has some side effects but my dr thinks actually sleeping will help my depression. Good sleep routine can be very effective. Get rid of screen time phones and tv. Helps me if I’m well hydrated before bed. Water. Cool room and warm blanket. Last night I slept upside down on my bed with windows open and fan on. I dream a lot. I try to skip my med on the weekend but then I didn’t sleep.
Key