Safe 4th of July

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
femalefirefighter

Safe 4th of July

Post by femalefirefighter » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:15 pm

Being a firefighter I feel the need to remind everyone to stay safe this 4th. The big things are:
1. Fireworks: please make sure kids are not doing the fireworks and are not near the person that is doing them. Make sure you have a safe area to do them and that you have a water hose nearby Incase of a fire. Remember your pets because they do not like the noise so keep them inside when doing them.
2. Sparklers: Please do NOT let children have these!! I know they are marketed for children but they are a MAJOR danger!! They burn between 1,200*-1,400*. Do not let children play with them.
3. Grills: make sure the area around the grill is clear of debris and that children are nowhere near it. Also need to watch to make sure pets are away from it at all times. If gas grill make sure you turn gas off when finished and if charcoal grill make sure that the coals do burn out.
4. If outdoors during the day for long periods of time make sure you stay hydrated and try to stay in the shade. Watch for signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Also, no drinking if outdoors for long time cause that will cause dehydration as well.

Of course NO DRINKING AND DRIVING!! I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th!!

FFF👩🏻‍🚒
I’m a sassy, strong, intelligent, and at times stubborn, fun loving proud southern wife, mama and Firefighter 👩🏻‍🚒. Married to a wonderful, intelligent, strong, fun loving southern man!! Proud Southern by birth, and saved by the grace of God!!

DDwife

Re: Safe 4th of July

Post by DDwife » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:21 pm

femalefirefighter wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:15 pm
Being a firefighter I feel the need to remind everyone to stay safe this 4th. The big things are:
1. Fireworks: please make sure kids are not doing the fireworks and are not near the person that is doing them. Make sure you have a safe area to do them and that you have a water hose nearby Incase of a fire. Remember your pets because they do not like the noise so keep them inside when doing them.
2. Sparklers: Please do NOT let children have these!! I know they are marketed for children but they are a MAJOR danger!! They burn between 1,200*-1,400*. Do not let children play with them.
3. Grills: make sure the area around the grill is clear of debris and that children are nowhere near it. Also need to watch to make sure pets are away from it at all times. If gas grill make sure you turn gas off when finished and if charcoal grill make sure that the coals do burn out.
4. If outdoors during the day for long periods of time make sure you stay hydrated and try to stay in the shade. Watch for signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Also, no drinking if outdoors for long time cause that will cause dehydration as well.

Of course NO DRINKING AND DRIVING!! I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th!!

FFF👩🏻‍🚒
I love how you shared these reminders. Have experience in EMS/FireFighters myself, you hit the nail on the head. I hope everyone heeds your advice. BE SAFE EVERYONE!!!
Desiring Discipline to help me change!