Television

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Miras

Re: Television

Post by Miras » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 pm

AddyJane wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:07 am
I’m waiting for some big network to announce a Harry Potter series... the books lend themselves so much better to a series of tv installments rather than movies. Not holding my breath but i would love if it happened.
Wel, something might be on the horizon, although not adaptation of the books per se - https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/harry-p ... rner-bros/
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Gandalfthered

Post by Gandalfthered » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:02 pm

Miras wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 pm
AddyJane wrote:
I’m waiting for some big network to announce a Harry Potter series... the books lend themselves so much better to a series of tv installments rather than movies. Not holding my breath but i would love if it happened.
Wel, something might be on the horizon, although not adaptation of the books per se - https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/harry-p ... rner-bros/
Oh I would watch that!

Miras

Post by Miras » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:00 am

Gandalfthered wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:02 pm
Miras wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 pm
AddyJane wrote:
Oh I would watch that!
I would be definitely interested too, although I ´m kinda disappointed how the Fantastic Beasts prequel turned out and recently I also discovered long list made by one guy on reddit with extensive reasons why he/she terribly hated Harry Potter (copied it). Let´s say I agreed with some points and disagreed with others.

NateG

Post by NateG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:04 pm

I mostly watch British shows like Midsomer Murders. Murdoch Mysteries and old sitcoms like Fraiser. I hate "reality" TV and all the contest shows. So not a lot left for me these days.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:23 pm

NateG wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:04 pm
I mostly watch British shows like Midsomer Murders. Murdoch Mysteries and old sitcoms like Fraiser. I hate "reality" TV and all the contest shows. So not a lot left for me these days.
Ah, Midsomer Murders. MrsSweetie and I have always said we don’t want to live in Midsomer.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

NateG

Post by NateG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Lol....It is a good show for us to watch late in the evening. It's nice that they are always more than an hour long.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:35 pm

NateG wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Lol....It is a good show for us to watch late in the evening. It's nice that they are always more than an hour long.
It’s nice, light, easy watching, although it’s not the same without John Nettles (who we remember from Bergerac) as Inspector Barnaby.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

Miras

Post by Miras » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Oh yes, my former girlfriend has introduced me to Murdoch and I have seen a lot of Midsomer. It´s a joke in our family that we are surprised it has any inhibitans left.
Last edited by Miras on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NateG

Post by NateG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Lol. We love Murdoch. I am only on Season 3 of Midsomer Murderers. Didn't know John Nettles leaves the show... that's disappointing. And yeah.. lol I can see why we would wonder how many inhabitants are left in the village. And.. most of the residents appear to be of retirement age.

Gandalfthered

Post by Gandalfthered » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:41 pm

I'm watching mostly anime.
Rurouni Kenshin.