Television

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Miras

Television

Post by Miras » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:12 am

After my thread about the Literature was quite succesful, I would like to ask you one of the most important questions of this age. What do you currently watch on TV? I have tons of popular shows, but despite working on a TV station, nowadays I actually watch very little of television per se. I simply endulge myself by something I can watch on the internet, before I can go read and eventually sleep. Still waiting for something I will want to gladly turn on the regular screen for.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

oldfashionedwife

Re: Television

Post by oldfashionedwife » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am

We watch true crime shows mostly. Joe Kenda is a favorite...We haven't watched any sitcoms or the more popular series in many yrs...If I can't sleep I'll watch black and white movies on youtube...

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:15 am

Rent documentaries and foreign movies from library. Used to love Fringe. Not much time for tv especially in summer.
Key

Gandalfthered

Post by Gandalfthered » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Comedies, marvel shows, cooking shows. I also like trashy reality TV.

Miras

Post by Miras » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:01 am

Gandalfthered wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Comedies, marvel shows, cooking shows. I also like trashy reality TV.
I must say I was never exactly into TV branch of Marvel or DC for that matter, but is probably never too late to try. Is there something you especially like out of that?

Gandalfthered

Post by Gandalfthered » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:06 am

Agents of shield, legion, cloak and dagger on TV (watched on Hulu). Netflix has Defenders, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Daredevil. Well, they did at least but it's all moving to another streaming service.

Miras

Post by Miras » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:24 am

Gandalfthered wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:06 am
Agents of shield, legion, cloak and dagger on TV (watched on Hulu). Netflix has Defenders, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Daredevil. Well, they did at least but it's all moving to another streaming service.
OK, thank you. I actually tried Agents of the Shields once, but I like to say I forget it exists while watching it. But as I understand it got better later.

AddyJane

Post by AddyJane » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:07 am

So it is the golden age of television. I hardly watched any television when I met my husband and he’s exposed me to things I would not have chosen on my own....
I’ll give you the abbreviated list of things we’ve found entertaining. Nothing I’m currently following.

So... “The Office” (the American version)

“Parks and Req” first season was bad- the rest got better. We loved it because parts of it were filmed in our old home town. The nail salon is where I used to get my nails done🤣😂. The lake, is where we used to picnic by our old apartment. The steakhouse is based off J’s favorite steakhouse! 😂 Weird for those who call/ called Indiana home.

“GOT”

Our new fave HBO “Barry”- it took a while to get into it but I loved Hader’s character

“Westworld” mostly I fell asleep when watching this one but I love the music lol

“Chernobyl”- only half one episode so far , I’ll come back to it way later. Just too much for me.

When we were dating “Band of Brothers” - really good, maybe a favorite

“Archer”- only some seasons

“Peaky Blinders” - after getting into this show, I forever was saying “compliments o’ the peaky blinders” to J in place of “you’re welcome”... he asked me to stop so I only occasionally use it with my fake accent.

We quit “Walking Dead” after season 1 /2- but the first season was good

We have not had time to watch much recently but did binge “Good Omens” when the baby decided to pull an all nighter. 😬I felt guilty about liking this one as its slightly blasphemous or entirely blasphemous depending on who you ask.

(We wouldn’t have watched it until some of the Christian connections were complaining about it and we decided to see if they were overreacting by watching it ourselves. There was one cringeworthy scene, but that could be viewed in several of different ways. 😐)

“Breaking Bad”- a show I never thought I’d like but I was addicted. Nothing comes close to it.

I’m waiting for some big network to announce a Harry Potter series... the books lend themselves so much better to a series of tv installments rather than movies. Not holding my breath but i would love if it happened.

Miras

Post by Miras » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:59 am

Thank you for your extensive list, Addy... About some things you did mention...
AddyJane wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:07 am
“GOT”
Well, I made made myself clear in the Literature thread, why I will not miss this one.
AddyJane wrote:
“Archer”- only some seasons
I like his passion for ping-pong paddles.
AddyJane wrote:
“Peaky Blinders” - after getting into this show, I forever was saying “compliments o’ the peaky blinders” to J in place of “you’re welcome”... he asked me to stop so I only occasionally use it with my fake accent.

We quit “Walking Dead” after season 1 /2- but the first season was good

We have not had time to watch much recently but did binge “Good Omens” when the baby decided to pull an all nighter. 😬I felt guilty about liking this one as its slightly blasphemous or entirely blasphemous depending on who you ask.

(We wouldn’t have watched it until some of the Christian connections were complaining about it and we decided to see if they were overreacting by watching it ourselves. There was one cringeworthy scene, but that could be viewed in several of different ways. 😐)
Well, for me it was return of childhood´s beloved book, so no complaints.

AddyJane wrote:
I’m waiting for some big network to announce a Harry Potter series... the books lend themselves so much better to a series of tv installments rather than movies. Not holding my breath but i would love if it happened.
Well, I would watch this... Although it would be interesting experiment, if I would still like it. Still praying Germans will give me Perry Rhodan series.

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:40 am

I love BBC period dramas, so I have seen every episode of Downton Abbey, Poldark, and Call the Midwife. I also love literature adaptations, provided they are true to the book, so Anne of Green Gables, Howard's End, sense and Sensibility, Emma, Pride and Prejudice, etc.

I am the person grumbling when a movie or series strays from the book. The newest Chronicles of Narnia, and Little House on the Prairie come to mind, but there are definitely more.

We enjoy The Great British Bake Off. It is so refreshing to see competitors treat each other with respect, and the judges always have at least something positive or encouraging to say. It's not the same without Mary Berry, though.

We have both seen every episode of Veronica Mars and Burn Notice many times over. Interesting how Phil enjoys shows with sassy lead female characters, but won't put up with any sass from me...🤔🤷😆

I also enjoy Gilmore Girls and New Girl.

-ML 💕
Last edited by MyLove on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕