Tell me I’m not the only one:

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
AddyJane

Tell me I’m not the only one:

Post by AddyJane » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:55 pm

So true confession’s time:

J gets after me about something and has even teased that I would be shunned from the forum if I admitted it.
But heck, I just find it too funny and I’ve kept it to myself for so long.

See, he rarely gets on so I keep him up to date and when conversing about the forum or DD in general I will occasionally use the term / acronym HOH....
... WHICH I pronounce, OF COURSE, as “hoe!” I have said it that way in my head as long as I can remember! Hoe.

As in, “hoe’s be like, follow these rules!” Or “....so-and-so’s hoe.”😂

I did not honestly relate it to the slang usage.

We were traveling just after the new year on one of our long car rides where I tend to get really chatty, when J cut me off and was like, “WAIT. what word are you using??!?!?”

I was quick to explain, “Hoe. H-O-H, short for head of house. ”

He response was, “I might be going out on a limb here when I suggest that’s not the correct pronunciation. Perhaps keep with the acronym. It’s super distracting to our conversation.”

To which I replied, “Hoes be like, your pronunciation is all wrong and distracting. ” 😈( No guys I didn’t say that ... I’m pretty sure he would have pulled the car over, maybe just to scare me. But he totally would have faked pulling off until I was apologizing. )

Today he just shakes his head when I use my pronunciation, but is amused enough that he reluctantly permits it.

For the record, I tried again using it directly when speaking to J.... As in, “you’re my hoe!”

That got more than a head shake and let’s say i won’t be using it as a term of endearment. It didn’t catch on. 😬

Tell me at least one other person uses my pronunciation! 🤞🏻

Lauren

Re: Tell me I’m not the only one:

Post by Lauren » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:23 pm

I've never tried to figure out how to pronounce HOH. I've always spelt it out. lol

Beauty

Post by Beauty » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:54 pm

Hahahahahah🤣🤣🤣🤣 dang. I’m like Lauren, just said the acronym. Even with that... I messed it up and would say HOA (home owners association). Whoops! Now I just say the leader of the house. I wish I would of sounded it out from the start! I’m forever pronouncing things wrong even if it’s right! Drives him nuts! *cough* exodus🤭. Too funny and I’m all for the hoe!
Happy to be taken in hand by my Beast

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:54 pm

I also have said HOA. Brandon has asked why I'm talking about a Home Owners Association.

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

My brain just sees HOH and thinks head of household so I don’t say anything for short and don’t use the term when speaking. But your story is funny:).
Key

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:50 am

You are not alone, my brain reads it similarly. One of the reasons I don´t ike the acronym.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Mel41

Post by Mel41 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:23 am

"Hoes be like..." OMG too funny
🎵 Hit me baby one more time 🎵

In love, and together in life, with Steve41

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 am

Though I suppose it´s better than TPWGTT - The partner who gives the thrashing.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

NateG

Post by NateG » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 pm

That is really funny. I never thought of it being pronounced in that way...it's funny and cute lol...But I can see where it would be very distracting while you recounted information to J........it would have made me laugh..but I would of done the same thing as he did.

Nate

AddyJane

Post by AddyJane » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:11 am

Lol, believe it or not dropping the HOA term might get an even stronger response from J than my usage of the term hoe.

He has this underlying fear that our HOA will be reinstated ( our neighborhood is older than the duration that the HOA was drawn up to be active... essentially it exists but is expired.)

Every year he fights me when I pay dues to the civic association as he is suspicious that “they” secretly want our HOA to be brought back. 🙄 I have to convince him that our dues cover the little American flag annually hung on our mailbox, flowers and mulch for the entrance and our two measly hot dogs we eat at the block party. NOT some rebel HOA resurgent group!

Long story short HOA is like a trigger word in my house.
Lauren wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:54 pm
I also have said HOA. Brandon has asked why I'm talking about a Home Owners Association.