Chores/Rules

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
whisk32

Chores/Rules

Post by whisk32 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Ok guys! The hubby and myself are trying to crack down on the DD relationship. He is now working full time, and I am currently a stay at home wife. We are wanting to start "homesteading," remodeling, and finishing up the house, but I tend to get side tracked easily. :| We were wondering if it is best to make a weekly chores list or what? What are some of yall's rules when it comes not completing house work?

Lauren

Re: Chores/Rules

Post by Lauren » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 pm

I made myself a weekly chore list. My husband enforces it.

Monday-Bathroom
Tuesday-Kitchen, Playroom
Wednesday-Laundry, Bedrooms
Thursday- Kitchen, Playroom
Friday- Basement, Bathroom
Saturday- Kitchen, Playroom
Sunday- Laundry, Bedrooms

I try to stick to the tasks for that day. Some days those areas don't need that much attention so I focus on a different room that does need my attention more. I tell my husband that I switched rooms. As long I AM doing SOMETHING, he is okay with the change.

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 am

As I've written elsewhere, my husband Jez, makes sure that I have a list of things to do each day with urgent/essential items clearly identified. Those items are followed by 'important' tasks and finally there is always a bunch of other items. On top of the lists (which are daily) I have more general rules such as keeping everywhere "clean, tidy, and safe" (his words). It's up to me when I fit these tasks in, as long as I am always on top of things.

He took charge early on and enforces these rules with (almost) unwavering accuracy. It roughly amounts to the following consequences:

Failure to complete urgent/essential task - severe spanking
Failure to complete important task - spanking
Not completing 'other' tasks - it varies. If I have done enough that day, I won't be in trouble
Falling behind with general rules - spanking

This has certainly caused me to remain focused on the priorities and not to be complacent. Knowing that the paddle awaits me later that day if I don't do enough is a powerful incentive. It does however rely on consistence from the HoH. Fortunately, Jez is, and always has been, very consistent.
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

PM welcome :)

geeman

Post by geeman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Make a list and put it in plain sight. My Wife makes brand new lists every Sunday. I get one and the other goes on the refrigerator door - can't miss that one. Since I'm pretty good about managing my chore list, my Wife doesn't need to go crazy with mandating certain things are done certain days. However, She will text me that something needs to be accomplished on a particular day sometimes. If I fail to do that, it's a lecture and corner time. I don't think it matters who makes the list. Even if your husband is HOH, you can make the list, show him and get his approval. But a list is really kind of mandatory.

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 am

geeman wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 pm
But a list is really kind of mandatory.
Agree entirely. Without my lists I wouldn't stand a chance!
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

PM welcome :)

EllaBella

Post by EllaBella » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:39 am

Initially hubby and I sat down and wrote a list of daily chores and then allocated the bigger individual jobs to certain days.
E.g Monday - Strip beds
Tuesday - Clean bathrooms
Wednesday - Kitchen (oven etc)
Thursday - Upstairs floors
Friday - Downstairs floors
Saturday - Nill
Sunday - Meal Plan & Grocery Shop
However after a couple weeks we found this wasn't really working as life happens (eg the baby was sick on our bed so needed stripping beforehand, children painted with the toothpaste, spill on the floors etc) and I found myself only doing the bare minimum so we decided to instead develop a list of expectations for myself to complete by the time my husband returns home from work. Basically the house is to be kept tidy and organized at all times, washing and folding put away, floors clean, no clutter, beds made, bathrooms clean, dinner on, tomorrows lunches made etc. Each night before bed I am expected to have the house tidy and clean after our evening rush with the children.
Were both still working on our consistency overall but the general rule of thumb is if these things aren't completed I'll receive a spanking.
My husband does on some days leave me a list of extra chores (eg organize a cupboard, catch up etc) that I am also expected to complete on top of my general chores before he returns home.
Thus far this seems to be working for us. :)
Ella

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 pm

My HOH doesn't make lists often, but a few days ago I recieved a pretty long list of what needed done immediately and I got my butt in gear and completed them all. I don't want to ask for micro management, but the list really does help! It also let's me know what is important to my HOH so I know which chores are on her mind.
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

geeman

Post by geeman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:07 pm

To expand a little on the concept of chores. I specifically ask my Wife for chores. She would give them to me either way I suspect but as a sign of my devotion to her and our Agreement, I go out of my way to ask Her. Like most people, there are small things She probably just overlooks as not being terribly important or meaningful to our FLR, but typically around the middle of the week, whether I have finished my chore list or not, I will ask my Wife to "please add anything at all that needs to be done to my list so I make sure it is done for you". Even if there is nothing, that gets me a big smile and a sincere, "thank you sweetheart" from my Wife. Totally worth it.

Nswife

Post by Nswife » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Chores really seem to be my big down fall. And I don't have a lot so there really is no reason. I have a few small things assigned for certain days and usually 1 bigger project that is suppose to be done by 6 pm Saturday evening. I am really bad about thinking I have plenty of time. Usually during the day at work I tell myself I am going to do this or that as soon as I get home but I get home and all that motivation goes out the window. Next thing you know it is time to go to bed and I haven't done anything. I am really trying to improve with this but it seems to be a slow process. I am better for a day or so after I get spanked but then back to normal.

cowboy

Post by cowboy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 am

Nswife wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Chores really seem to be my big down fall. And I don't have a lot so there really is no reason. I have a few small things assigned for certain days and usually 1 bigger project that is suppose to be done by 6 pm Saturday evening. I am really bad about thinking I have plenty of time. Usually during the day at work I tell myself I am going to do this or that as soon as I get home but I get home and all that motivation goes out the window. Next thing you know it is time to go to bed and I haven't done anything. I am really trying to improve with this but it seems to be a slow process. I am better for a day or so after I get spanked but then back to normal.
It appears the spankings are not effective enough if you fall back into old habits. Perhaps you need an additional reminder spanking say every third day. Not as long or hard maybe, but enough to keep you doing the tasks assigned in a regimented manner.