Hey from FL :)

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Tinkerbell

Hey from FL :)

Post by Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 am

Hello, I am 47, married to my awesome husband for 15 years this February, and we've been together 17 years. We have had some really good years, and some really bad years in that time. My husband and I are interested in starting a DD relationship. I am the one who approached him with the idea. I have found a lot of stuff online that doesn't really look (upon further reading/inspection) like DD, but more like BDSM, which is not what we are looking for. I found this site and I have been on the fence about joining, but I need good information and this looks to be a great place to gather good information about starting DD.

VernAKmiss

Re: Hey from FL :)

Post by VernAKmiss » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:21 am

Hello and welcome from me in Alaska. You’re in a great place to learn and begin to navigate the waters of DD. I just introduced DD to my husband in October and we’re happily practicing and learning and growing as we go which has been a fun process. The forum is a great place to read and learn. Feel free to ask questions.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:50 am

Welcome!!

Emily

Post by Emily » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:01 am

Welcome! :)
Happily married to the most wonderful and loving guy! 💖💖💖

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 am

Welcome!!!

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:03 pm

VernAKmiss wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:21 am
Hello and welcome from me in Alaska. You’re in a great place to learn and begin to navigate the waters of DD. I just introduced DD to my husband in October and we’re happily practicing and learning and growing as we go which has been a fun process. The forum is a great place to read and learn. Feel free to ask questions.
My family just had vacation in Alaska last June! It was SO beautiful! We had a great time, I didn't want to come back to Florida! We were a couple hours south of Anchorage.

We've been looking at, and reading about, DD for several months now. We're just not entirely sure where, or how, to get started. So I guess that's my biggest question, where do you start? How do you start? There seems to be so many different starting places (at least from the various other sites I've visited). Some say they have a contract, others say they have rules, and still others say they have both. So I'm at a loss as to what is or isn't needed. I'm also guessing that maybe that all varies from couple to couple?

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome y'all! I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody and learning how to live a DD lifestyle. :)

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:54 am

Welcome

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

VernAKmiss

Post by VernAKmiss » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:39 am

Tinkerbell wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:03 pm
VernAKmiss wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:21 am
My family just had vacation in Alaska last June! It was SO beautiful! We had a great time, I didn't want to come back to Florida! We were a couple hours south of Anchorage.

We've been looking at, and reading about, DD for several months now. We're just not entirely sure where, or how, to get started. So I guess that's my biggest question, where do you start? How do you start? There seems to be so many different starting places (at least from the various other sites I've visited). Some say they have a contract, others say they have rules, and still others say they have both. So I'm at a loss as to what is or isn't needed. I'm also guessing that maybe that all varies from couple to couple?

I absolutely love it here. Born and raised here and I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else!

For us, when I introduced it to my husband we had never used spanking beyond lightly during ‘sexy time’. So the idea of an actual spanking intended to cause me real pain was foreign and uncomfortable for him to imagine and understand. Some people do boot camps to kick things off but we just started out in what we called ‘practice mode’ we talked and gathered a few implements, hair brushes, bath brush, wooden spoon, belt and he ordered a bamboo paddle with holes in it online. (He seems to favor wood, I wish he would grab the belt... but he hasn’t used it since practice) So for about a month he would just sort of randomly spank me 1-2 times a week for practice, there was no reason or rules but talk during about positioning and where to spank too high too low, and gauging my reactions. It worked out really well to allow him to get comfortable spanking me but without the expectation or need to navigate rules just yet. Then once he was comfortable he suggested we add rules. We started out with 4 over the month of December. I would mark in my journal if I did or didn’t keep the rule daily. We had a check in once a week where he would review the journal and check on any areas of failure to keep the rules. He would spank me for a good while with his hand and spoon and decided the paddle would be for the broken rules. He sort of decided one swat for each time a rule was broken. It would come after I was spanked for a good while to a hot and throbbing bottom. I have to bend over and grab my ankles for these spanks. (Really helps me want to avoid them.) I started a journal on here when we began the rules if you want to check it out to see how we’ve done things. I’ve also found it’s awesome to read and get ideas and see how others do things but you also have to find what works best for you and your partner. Communication is HUGE and needs to be prioritized for this to work. I’d say the journal we keep that he reads weekly is incredibly helpful to write out my thoughts after a spanking or if I have ideas or suggestions or thoughts on a broken rule I’d like to share. It’s been a fairly smooth transition for us and we are both happy with the results and I don’t see us going back now. You got this!!

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:42 pm

Welcome!
Generally, a contract is not needed. I'd suggest that you start with one rule or two just to kick things off. Once you find yourselves comfortable with this new lifestyle, add more rules as needed.

Remember, spanking is not the goal, but it is a mean to reach your goal which is to get you closer to each other.

All the best!
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose