Discipline after birth

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
NewHoh

Discipline after birth

Post by NewHoh » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Ok. We're expecting any day now. My wife and I have discussed how important it'll be to keep things going, but I'm also worried about not being understanding enough.
If she forgets to do a chore, or is disrespectful, do I keep letting slide because so busy and tired w a toddler and baby? Or do I need to be firm? She says now she agrees I should be firm, but will that be the case in a few days?

Olivia

Re: Discipline after birth

Post by Olivia » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:53 am

I think you have to find what's important to you and your relationship and stay firm but fair on those things... disrespect should be punished but if she is genuinely too tried to get chores done and/or couldn't because of the kids then maybe that's a conversation around how to do it better moving forward... Consistency doesn't mean that you have to punish for everything but addressing what you see... good luck! And congratulations on baby!!
Last edited by Olivia on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VernAKmiss

Re: Discipline after birth

Post by VernAKmiss » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:44 pm

I feel there is definitely a season of adjustment with sleepless nights, hormones regulating and getting to know the newest member of your family. So yes I do believe there needs to be some room for grace and understanding in those first couple of weeks and while she’s healing from delivery. However she does need to know that you are there and will enforce the rules and expectations if necessary. It will be a delicate balance that can only be determined by you and your wife in the moment.