No phone club

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
AddyJane

No phone club

Post by AddyJane » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Not that I’d wish this on anyone, nor would I advocate for it, hopefully I’m in a club all by myself .... but MY husband thought it was a good idea to take my Iphone as punishment. 🙄
As in - no phone Friday evening and THEN it was taken away again from Sunday morning until today, Wednesday morning. 😩
I thought for sure on Monday he’d give my phone back so I could utilize the GPS function to deliver a meal to a friend.
NO! He said, and I quote, “you remember how to print off Mapquest directions and read a map, think back to your high school days and use those skills. No phone is needed.” 🤨 our car has a map function, but I hate using it.

I had my smart watch, so I could text/ call/ email. ( But he warned against using my laptop for anything unneeded.)

Because of this I was forced to cook dinner without referencing my online recipes... I almost wish it did not taste as good as it did, but it was not bad. Maybe J liked it just to prove a point!? 🤷🏼‍♀️

So it’s been three days of no Facebook, no Forum, no Instagram, no Pinterest, no TV, basically no anything fun and worst of all NO Amazon Prime day!!!

I really pitched a fit about Amazon prime day, even made a handwritten wish-list for J, which he laughed about, but he refused to read. Being without my phone was super hard... but when I voiced this J kept insisting it was “first world problems”.

He even went as far as to promise to switch out my phone for a jitterbug if I complained. A damn jitterbug🙄.

I’ve not been resentful like this since we first started DD, so it’s been years. And somehow seeing how hard this was for me has solidified what a great punishment these non-phone days are in my husband’s mind. I’m sure it does not help my cause that I was super productive all of my phoneless days, not by choice mind you: I re-painted the front door and touched up the downstairs paint, even started on the trim amongst other things (laundry and such.)

Anyhow all this is to say if I did not message you back, or show up to crash your dinner party ( Sweetie 😂)... this is my reason why. 😉

Even after he gave me my phone back this morning the residual resentment was still present. My attitude is not stellar. So I guess it’s the struggle bus for me as I try to reign myself in.

I get that this is not innately a DD punishment but my submission in the matter is really challenged. Has anyone done the no-phone thing successfully?

sweetie

Re: No phone club

Post by sweetie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi AddyJane,

I’m not in the No phone club and I don’t think I’ve ever been close.

Sorry you’re in the No phone club as it doesn’t sound like a pleasant club to be in, especially if you can’t use phone GPS. Maybe though you need to learn how to use the car’s internal SAT NAV system, even if you don’t like it, just in case.

I assume there’s a reason your HoH took this action.

Hope you can avoid doing whatever it was again and get to keep your phone.

One question: what’s a jitterbug?
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Basic flip phone. Call, text, nothing else.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DRV2BBY/re ... lDbK939GYY

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Aw, man! That sucks!!
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

AddyJane

Post by AddyJane » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Phil you forgot to include this super enticing ad for the jitterbug. 😂
https://youtu.be/rSpuZRj8Gp4
Sweetie this should about sum it up if Phil’s picture did not do it!
I was not on for Amazon prime day but I bet they were giving these babies away for free!
Phil04 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 am

Please tell me, what was on your Amazon Prime Day wishlist?

nicolelinn45

Post by nicolelinn45 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:16 am

On I would love to go back to the days of little technology. Sometimes I want to throw my cell phones(work phone included) as far as I can. Get them out of my life. I remember the days of party lines. The neighbors may be on the line talking and you have to interrupt them and ask how long they will be because you want to call a friend. Me and my brother sometimes would listen in on the old ladies gossiping about other folks. When I was a home health nurse.....yes I had to read a map and this is rural Ohio and at times challenging to do that. I used to have to find a pay phone to call the office or my patients. No DVRs, No computers, we had about 5 channels on TV to choose from. At least Dad bought us the game you hook up to your TV, there was one, it was called "Pong". Life was good! I may suggest this punishment to my HOH, tell him how much I would hate it. Sorry AddyJane, I can't empathize with you on this one. 😀,
Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

AddyJane

Post by AddyJane » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am

😂😂😂
Totally get the work phone thing! Days where I’m working, I literally twitch when I get a call after hours! Skype is the same thing... makes me sick to my stomach as it typically means something is going down at work if I have more than one missed Skype call.
You can join the no phone club as a voluntary member! 😂
nicolelinn45 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:16 am
On I would love to go back to the days of little technology. Sometimes I want to throw my cell phones(work phone included) as far as I can. Get them out of my life. I remember the days of party lines. The neighbors may be on the line talking and you have to interrupt them and ask how long they will be because you want to call a friend. Me and my brother sometimes would listen in on the old ladies gossiping about other folks. When I was a home health nurse.....yes I had to read a map and this is rural Ohio and at times challenging to do that. I used to have to find a pay phone to call the office or my patients. No DVRs, No computers, we had about 5 channels on TV to choose from. At least Dad bought us the game you hook up to your TV, there was one, it was called "Pong". Life was good! I may suggest this punishment to my HOH, tell him how much I would hate it. Sorry AddyJane, I can't empathize with you on this one. 😀,
Nic

AddyJane

Post by AddyJane » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:52 am

Lauren wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 am
Please tell me, what was on your Amazon Prime Day wishlist?
So oddly enough since you don’t know most Amazon’s prime day deals until prime day, my list was a shot in the dark! I made the list guessing what might be a deal, which really humored J ( he literally laughed when I asked him to check)

Only one thing on my list that was a confirmed deal- a new instapot.
He decided it was not a great deal using some sort of chrome extension on his computer🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️?
(No clue how that works... some geeky computer thing. )

But the list was as follows:
•A Instapot to replace the one I broke
•The DevaDryer/ Diffuser
•Philips Sonicare Toothbrush to replace my old one
•A cordless dyson or shark ( not confirmed by J but I think there was a deal)
•A mamaRoo, only if the deal was good
•T3 whirl trio, in my dreams as it’s a rather indulgent price for what it is

He would have only agreed to the vacuum is my bet... but in the end no deals were purchased in our household.😒

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:33 pm

AddyJane wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 pm
Phil you forgot to include this super enticing ad for the jitterbug. 😂
https://youtu.be/rSpuZRj8Gp4
Sweetie this should about sum it up if Phil’s picture did not do it!
I was not on for Amazon prime day but I bet they were giving these babies away for free!
Phil04 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks, AddyJane and Phil. So that’s a jitterbug!
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence