Clint

Re: Users that never posted will be deleted soon

Post by Clint » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 am

WesternHoH wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:01 pm
Uh-oh! I need to post more!
No, since you have posted already ;)
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

fogcity

Post by fogcity » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm

That doesnt seem all that fair since lots of people just use the forum for informational and instructional purposes so that's my 2 cents. So this means we will have to read a lot of nonsense so people dont get deleted?

s

rainonsundays

Post by rainonsundays » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:12 am

fogcity wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm
That doesnt seem all that fair since lots of people just use the forum for informational and instructional purposes so that's my 2 cents. So this means we will have to read a lot of nonsense so people dont get deleted?

s
I agree with this. So many people come to this board because they're seeking information. Perhaps they're frightened by the feelings and fantasies they are experiencing, and this board may show them that they're not crazy and their feelings are shared by others.

I am not living a DD life. I want to, but my husband refuses. However I come here and read and some of my frustration is diminished. What do I have to add to a discussion on spanking if I've never been spanked? I've posted a handful of times so I guess my place here is "safe". But I feel for the individuals who may come here looking for solace and to connect with people who share similar feelings, even if it's only by lurking. I feel for introverts who feel that posting a message is worse than raising their hand in class, so their fear keeps them silent.

If members who don't post aren't welcome, this board will become nothing more than an echo chamber made up of the same few people repeating the same few thoughts.

If inactive members aren't causing disruption, why the purge?

fogcity

Post by fogcity » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:22 am

I am sorry for you honey. It must be so frustrating for you. But thanks for supporting my point of view even though ours is likely a minority one. I wish you could find someone who could help you and give you the satisfaction that you deserve.

s

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:06 pm

For me it is entirely a moot point. If somebody creates an account and never posts, creates an account and has it deleted or never creates an account, they can still read everything that is posted. You don't have to be registered to be a lurker, so loosing your account does not prevent you from lurking. Likewise, the reason Clint gave for doing the purge, does not accomplish his stated goal either.

If you have no intention of posting (or sending PMs), an account is entirely optional.

Phil

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 pm

rainonsundays wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:12 am
fogcity wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm

s
I agree with this. So many people come to this board because they're seeking information. Perhaps they're frightened by the feelings and fantasies they are experiencing, and this board may show them that they're not crazy and their feelings are shared by others.

I am not living a DD life. I want to, but my husband refuses. However I come here and read and some of my frustration is diminished. What do I have to add to a discussion on spanking if I've never been spanked? I've posted a handful of times so I guess my place here is "safe". But I feel for the individuals who may come here looking for solace and to connect with people who share similar feelings, even if it's only by lurking. I feel for introverts who feel that posting a message is worse than raising their hand in class, so their fear keeps them silent.

If members who don't post aren't welcome, this board will become nothing more than an echo chamber made up of the same few people repeating the same few thoughts.

If inactive members aren't causing disruption, why the purge?

Fogcity and Rainonsundays,

I think they were just trying to clean things up and see who was still actually "alive" out there. I don't think you have to regularly post. Continue reading and learning.

I'm sorry RainonSunday's that your husband refuses. I don't understand that, never been a problem with me. Hope you can convince him eventually. Keep trying and keep reading.

Nate

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 am

Hello everyone,

Maybe I can clear up some of the confusion. I asked Clint to delete members who were not going to post. I asked for this because we had over 750 members! When we were having issues and fighting, and other things, I was not able to tell who was a bot, scammer, or a trouble maker. So i asked him to please think about cleaning up the forum with a fresh start and keep only those of you who are actively using (commenting, posting, PMing, etc.). It worked too, because now I am able to do my job here a lot easier. I am able to focus on issues that are important vs a bot.

I hope this answered everyone's questions.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:42 am

KrystalA wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 am
Hello everyone,

Maybe I can clear up some of the confusion. I asked Clint to delete members who were not going to post. I asked for this because we had over 750 members! When we were having issues and fighting, and other things, I was not able to tell who was a bot, scammer, or a trouble maker. So i asked him to please think about cleaning up the forum with a fresh start and keep only those of you who are actively using (commenting, posting, PMing, etc.). It worked too, because now I am able to do my job here a lot easier. I am able to focus on issues that are important vs a bot.

What’s a bot?
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Thu May 30, 2019 3:38 am

sweetie wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:42 am
KrystalA wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 am
Hello everyone,

What’s a bot?
A bot is basically a programmed response used for businesses during online communication. Very annoying when I had to deal with those lol