To come clean or not

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Jarpie

To come clean or not

Post by Jarpie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 pm

So the other day I’m pretty sure I accidentally ran a red light. I’m also pretty sure there is a red light camera where I did it (though I didn’t see a flash) I feel so stupid for doing so as I know how dangerous it is and in general I’m a very safe driver.

I could say nothing, and hopefully no fine will come, or if it does I could just pay it from my own account and say nothing. He would never know. (Though at this point I may not be able to pay it as I’m a stay at home mum)

I could tell him what I have done, and I know he will be very angry and disappointed in me and will likely be punished for it. (Though he hasn’t actually spanked me before, but i feel if he found out it would likely be something he would spank me for)

I got a traffic ticket about 24 months ago, He was annoyed but didn’t say much as I was very sleep deprived at the time. (Just recently had a baby) He just lectured me how important it was to pay attention on the road and to ensure it does not happen again.

Questions for hohs: would you be more leiant if they came forward than if they didn’t and you somehow found out?

Would you spank for this/be spanned for this? I kinda feel if I’ll be spanked either way I might as well wait and see if I even get a fine in the first place?

HoldsTheKey

Re: To come clean or not

Post by HoldsTheKey » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 pm

would you be more leiant if they came forward than if they didn’t and you somehow found out?
Technically, I suppose so. If I didn't know and found out on my own, there would be two infractions: withholding information, plus running the red light. If my wife came forward proactively there would only be one infraction.

The level of punishment is totally dependent on the person and situation. Are they regularly breaking traffic laws or driving dangerously? Bigger punishment is in order. Is this a one-off mistake? Probably a lighter punishment.

You know the right answer here, so do that.

Jarpie

Post by Jarpie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Very true, it’s not so much the punishment I’m scared of, just disappointing him because this is a second offence...

The thing is I’m not even certain I did run the light (pretty sure I did though) and I don’t want to disappoint and stress him out over something that won’t eventuate, money is very tight atm, so he would get very stressed over the impending fine.

HoldsTheKey

Post by HoldsTheKey » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 am

The thing is I’m not even certain I did run the light (pretty sure I did though)
That's how you approach it then. "Honey, I'm not even sure if I did, but I have a feeling I could have ran a red light. I just want to give you a heads up in case I did."

This means you will not be withholding information, but also not admitting to something you don't know is even true. It places the point of punishment on whether or not there was an actual infraction, which is exactly where you want it.

Shakespeare423

Post by Shakespeare423 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:02 am

I have frequent kneeling confession sessions for just this type of thing. He pushes, too. Anything else? Are you sure? I can never hold back. Any traffic infractions are definite spankings though.

Coryman

Post by Coryman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 pm

post deleted
Last edited by Coryman on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

girlzruleboyzdrool4u

Post by girlzruleboyzdrool4u » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 am

Jarpie wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 pm
So the other day I’m pretty sure I accidentally ran a red light. I’m also pretty sure there is a red light camera where I did it (though I didn’t see a flash) I feel so stupid for doing so as I know how dangerous it is and in general I’m a very safe driver.

I could say nothing, and hopefully no fine will come, or if it does I could just pay it from my own account and say nothing. He would never know. (Though at this point I may not be able to pay it as I’m a stay at home mum)

I could tell him what I have done, and I know he will be very angry and disappointed in me and will likely be punished for it. (Though he hasn’t actually spanked me before, but i feel if he found out it would likely be something he would spank me for)

I got a traffic ticket about 24 months ago, He was annoyed but didn’t say much as I was very sleep deprived at the time. (Just recently had a baby) He just lectured me how important it was to pay attention on the road and to ensure it does not happen again.

Questions for hohs: would you be more leiant if they came forward than if they didn’t and you somehow found out?

Would you spank for this/be spanned for this? I kinda feel if I’ll be spanked either way I might as well wait and see if I even get a fine in the first place?
Just tell him. You're only human and people make mistakes :)

Lovesithardotk

Post by Lovesithardotk » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:22 am

Worst thing you can do is hide it trust me he will find out and it will be much worse specially if your kids were in the car. I got a 45 minute belting because I lied to him and hid it. Never did it again