New to the forum, not new to DD

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
MrX

New to the forum, not new to DD

Post by MrX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 am

Hi there!

I just stumbled across this forum, and thought I'd register and de-lurk.

My wife and I have been practicing Domestic Discipline for over 20 years. (I suppose that technically the "flavor" of DD that we practice is Christian Domestic Discipline). We stumbled upon the idea of Domestic Discipline through a now defunct website called "The Gentlemanly Art of Spanking the Woman You Love". It was an intriguing solution to some emerging issues in our relationship. We quickly found a Delphi group (who remembers those?) for Christian Domestic Discipline, did a ton of reading, and put our CDD relationship in practice.

Since then, I haven't really kept up much with the Domestic Discipline web, but on a whim decided to do some Googling and came across this forum.

A little about us - we live in the United States. I work in finance and my wife homeschools our kids. We are practicing, devout Christians and are active in our church and our community.

Our form of Domestic Discipline is straightforward. We have a small set of rules around respectful behavior, obedience, and how the household is run. Based on what I've read here, we are probably to the left of the bell curve regarding frequency of spanking. I regularly use timeouts, writing lines, loss of privileges, and other non-spanking discipline for most minor offenses. Spanking is saved for major offenses - which in the early days of our marriage was almost daily but is now a rarer occurrence (I will give a quick single swat fairly regularly, but that's a far cry from a real disciplinary session). I view the decreasing frequency of spanking in our house as a testimony to the effectiveness of Domestic Discipline - it really works for changing behavior and creating a harmonious marriage.

I'm excited to join the forum. I hope I'll learn some new things, and maybe have a chance to share some lessons learned from a 20+ year HoH in a CDD marriage.

MyLove

Re: New to the forum, not new to DD

Post by MyLove » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 am

Hello, and welcome!

-ML 💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:49 am

Yay! I'm so excited to have you here! Welcome. :D

We share a lot of the same values and views. It's refreshing to have another CDD person here.

Miras

Post by Miras » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Welcome! In my case, I might learn something from, but who knows, maybe we´ll really help each other one day!
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Mel41

Post by Mel41 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Welcome! It's great to hear from people with experience!
🎵 Hit me baby one more time 🎵

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Welcome to the forum MrX .. I hope you will enjoy your time here.
What is great about DD is that it's so dynamic and each couple have their own way of living it.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose