Hello from Canada

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Mel41

Hello from Canada

Post by Mel41 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:43 am

I have been active on here for about a month now and figured I should probably get around to introducing myself / us. We've been together about two years and we just got married this past summer. This kind of a relationship is something that I have always wanted but didn't know there was a name for.

We had already been using stress relief spankings in our relationship, but I was really unsure about bringing the idea of discipline to him. Though the mechanics may be the same, the emotions and the thoughts certainly are not and I was afraid he would think I was crazy. About a month ago I brought up the idea to him and he said he had already been reading about it for the past year. He said he hadn't wanted to be the one to initiate DD. I was very surprised that he was already aware of it and had done some research. At least I wasn't going to have to convince him. We had a long and awkward conversation and decided we were going to give it a try. We came up with a list of rules and acceptable consequences to start with. I also, after a bit of thought, gave him access to my journal so he can get a better sense of how I'm thinking and feeling about this. I often find it hard to put my feelings into words and have a much easier time writing so hopefully this will help him understand me better, as we try to figure our way through this. I doubt if our version of DD will ever get to the intensity of some members here, and we're both ok with that. We both work high-pressure jobs and try to do things 50/50 around the house as much as we can.
I have no doubt that it is going to take us a while to really find our groove. I can be very stubborn and strong willed and he is, at his core, the kindest most loving person I have ever known. How we will be able to make this work is anybody's guess haha
🎵 Hit me baby one more time 🎵

In love, and together in life, with Steve41

Lauren

Re: Hello from Canada

Post by Lauren » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 am

It's been great having you here!!

Welcome "officially" lol

Beauty

Post by Beauty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 am

Welcome! We are a few months into DD as well. We have similar views to what you wrote. Good luck on the journey and I look forward to reading about yalls progress.
Happy to be taken in hand by my Beast

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Welcome! I hear you on the trouble putting feelings into words. I also find it easier to write them. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the camaraderie in this community. :)

-ML 💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

Lovely

Post by Lovely » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello fellow Canadian! Dionysyus and I are Canadian too. :-)

girlzruleboyzdrool4u

Post by girlzruleboyzdrool4u » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 pm

Mel41 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:43 am
I have been active on here for about a month now and figured I should probably get around to introducing myself / us. We've been together about two years and we just got married this past summer. This kind of a relationship is something that I have always wanted but didn't know there was a name for.

We had already been using stress relief spankings in our relationship, but I was really unsure about bringing the idea of discipline to him. Though the mechanics may be the same, the emotions and the thoughts certainly are not and I was afraid he would think I was crazy. About a month ago I brought up the idea to him and he said he had already been reading about it for the past year. He said he hadn't wanted to be the one to initiate DD. I was very surprised that he was already aware of it and had done some research. At least I wasn't going to have to convince him. We had a long and awkward conversation and decided we were going to give it a try. We came up with a list of rules and acceptable consequences to start with. I also, after a bit of thought, gave him access to my journal so he can get a better sense of how I'm thinking and feeling about this. I often find it hard to put my feelings into words and have a much easier time writing so hopefully this will help him understand me better, as we try to figure our way through this. I doubt if our version of DD will ever get to the intensity of some members here, and we're both ok with that. We both work high-pressure jobs and try to do things 50/50 around the house as much as we can.
I have no doubt that it is going to take us a while to really find our groove. I can be very stubborn and strong willed and he is, at his core, the kindest most loving person I have ever known. How we will be able to make this work is anybody's guess haha
Hi
I'm a fellow Canadian girl here too... I don't fit in here exactly. ..or anywhere really but found our relationship is similar to some on here and also very diff for some things. We both work 50/50 too with work and home and I, like you, am stubborn and very very strong willed and my hubby to is sooo kind and caring.
Hope things are working out for you.
We kind of fell into a lifestyle that I've kind of accepted but haven't. I've learned a lot on here about somethings and myself. Hopefully, you guys will discover things too.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. My parents are both born and raised in BC, but I was born here in Los Angeles. I acquired Canadian citizenship, but still live in LA, so I'm sorta part Canadian. Quite a few Canadians on the forum here, I see.

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forum :) so glad you could join us in our walks of life in DD!!
Burning butt keeps me in line :)