Nervous but Excited

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Madeline

Re: Nervous but Excited

Post by Madeline » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 am

My husband was actually married before for 2 years and practiced DD. His wife then announced shed always been a lesbian (hence why he got divorced). He was very committed to including DD in our relationship from day 1 of the marriage.

We've been married almost a week now and life is great! Its been a struggle to check my submission as completely as I need to, but easier than I worried. All I have to do is remind myself of the implements and their potential application, and I tend to get myself on track. I've been placed in time out a couple of times, but so far pretty smooth.

Clint

Post by Clint » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:10 am

Madeline wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 am
My husband was actually married before for 2 years and practiced DD. His wife then announced shed always been a lesbian (hence why he got divorced). He was very committed to including DD in our relationship from day 1 of the marriage.

We've been married almost a week now and life is great! Its been a struggle to check my submission as completely as I need to, but easier than I worried. All I have to do is remind myself of the implements and their potential application, and I tend to get myself on track. I've been placed in time out a couple of times, but so far pretty smooth.
Congratulations! I hope the wedding was great and all the best ... DD will be a great lifestyle for the two of you. ;)
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Madeleine,

I am new to the forum and just found this thread. It has been a few months since it was active, but I wanted to ost anyway since the way you describe yourself reminds me a lot of myself. I am also liberal politically but live conservatively. I was a virgin when I got married. I’m a very independent woman who is used to being in the lead, but some part of me has always wanted to follow my husband’s guidance. I have always struggled to understand how all those parts of my personality fit together. It was a comfort to see I’m not the only one who feels like that!

I hope your first few months of marriage have been going really well. I’m sure it is a big adjustment but it sounds as if you have a great outlook.

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:22 am

Rabbit wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
I have always struggled to understand how all those parts of my personality fit together. It was a comfort to see I’m not the only one who feels like that!

I think we are all in the same boat in one way or another. Most people struggle with competing values and different parts of their personality. In this lifestyle particularly, and particularly for females, we struggle with our conditioning, what we have been brought up to believe, and the call of our own natures that brings us here. We all struggle with it and look for resolution of the struggle in different ways.

Madeline, I hope all is well with you.
Eliza

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:43 pm

You can be a feminist as well as a submissive, these roles are not exclusive. I feel stronger and more motivated as a submissive. You have a loving partner who wants you to be safe and work to the best of your ability. When you feel yourself slipping into a lazy drought, you're partner is there to motivate you to and it can feel liberating to have that support system in place.
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

Miras

Post by Miras » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:22 am

Joshua89 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:43 pm
You can be a feminist as well as a submissive, these roles are not exclusive. I feel stronger and more motivated as a submissive. You have a loving partner who wants you to be safe and work to the best of your ability. When you feel yourself slipping into a lazy drought, you're partner is there to motivate you to and it can feel liberating to have that support system in place.
I am currently trying to solve mental contradiction of my own. If I can be both sort of male feminist and "dominant".
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism