Hello from a new DD couple!

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
MikenHeidi

Hello from a new DD couple!

Post by MikenHeidi » Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 am

My name is Heidi, my husband is Mike... we have been married 20 years. We started DD 2 or so months ago and it has totally begun transforming our marriage. I am the one who brought the idea to my husband. We r still in a very awkward beginning part. I am an EXTREMELY rebellious, strong willed, woman and my husband is more on the passive side.... we both have a lot to learn.... he is getting better at learning to communicate and take me in hand I am getting a little better at NOT always running the show. I do not want to "run the show" anymore!!
How long has this site been Here? I've been looking for a site like this for a long time!

kgirl

Re: Hello from a new DD couple!

Post by kgirl » Thu May 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi Heidi! Welcome!!! My husband "Strummer," is on here too. We've been married almost 20 years. It took us awhile for dd to really take off. It's always good to start off slow. I really had to be honest and open with my hubby for DD to work. I was the one who introduced DD and now my husband would never want to quit! :D
It's really helpful talking to other DD couples. Take care!

-Kgirl

Lizziebeth

Post by Lizziebeth » Fri May 05, 2017 1:28 am

Hello MikenHeidi, glad you found the forum. 🙂 I'm looking forward to seeing more posts.

Clint

Post by Clint » Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Mike 'n Heide,

welcome on board!
The forum is rather new, as I got various emails in which people suggested I open a forum.

I'm looking forward to your posts as well.

Please fell free to open up a journal, so that others can get an idea of how you got there / why- I'd like to read that, especially as both of you could provide your point of view!
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Welcome, Hiedi! This is definitely a great site to be on. Taking things slow is Always the best. Good luck! Hope to keep hearing from you!
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

ann

Post by ann » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Welcome

Whe Jeff and I began, we were also at our 20yr mark. We have now been practicing for over 5 year. At first, it was slow to take off, but we intentionally got it (our way). We kept trying to do make it like everyone else's way, but we quickly learned that we had to find our dynamic. We are very happy and DD has greatly changed our marriage. Just remember to be patient and find what works for you.

Kate

Post by Kate » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Welcome!

Husband Ray and I are 8.5 years married. This is second marriage for each of us. We are both over age 50. We got serious about DD about a month ago. We have a contract and rules. Just finishing up a boot camp weekend tonight. My backside looks like I was in some kind of dreadful accident...Got my electronics back a couple of hours ago because I was really good!

We learned a LOT in the past two days, and made some adjustments to our rules. It was hard and I really dreaded those spankings! But considering the increased trust and communication, I would drop the knickers and bend over again in a heartbeat if he decided I need it. In fact, we calendared a reset day in 6 months. We are committed to keeping this magic alive!

Neither of us completely understand why this "archaic" way of relating works so well, but we aren't about to argue with success. The modern way failed each of us in previous marriages. Best of luck to you in your journey.

Kate

MikenHeidi

Post by MikenHeidi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks for the replies! We haven't done a boot camp but we are still continuing down this road... it is amazing to me how this is what saved our marriage when you think about how opposite it is from what society calls the norm!