Hola from Alaska

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Sunflower

Hola from Alaska

Post by Sunflower » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Submissive wife, married for 13 years. We've been together since our 20s and this is our only marriage. I'm not at all submissive in other aspects of my life, but I've always had an ember of submission toward him. He is naturally dominant in most areas of life, but he's always kept himself from being so with me. He has tended toward letting me do whatever I want and keeping any negative feelings bottled up until they can no longer be contained. I haven't done my best with that freedom, and I have also been overly critical of him at times.

Our marriage is loving. We're best friends and we love each other's company. I highlight issues we've had because it was one of the reasons we began domestic discipline this year, as one part of broad changes to our lives. You ever have one of those years where the building blocks of life get shaken up and you're left to reimagine and rebuild? That's where we are. Not tragically though; it's all for the best.

We've waded into domestic discipline slowly. We've discussed rules, but we haven't reached regular enforcement. We do weekly maintenance spankings which has been rewarding and helps with my frame of mind. I've only been punished once and though it was emotionally hard, I wouldn't say it physically served the function of a punishment. It wasn't enough be a deterrent, which I do need. We're still feeling things out, and honestly we're being pretty lax about everything with the holidays. I expect that will change after Christmas, and one of my major priorities in the upcoming year is developing our roles and finding what works. Even with what we have done, we have greater peace and intimacy in our marriage, and I feel more content. I hope that only grows, and I'm here for advice and discussion along the way.

Summer

Re: Hola from Alaska

Post by Summer » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Welcome 😊

I look forward to hearing more about you and your husband. You’ll find some very helpful people here.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:50 am

Welcome!

DocWhiteRaven

Post by DocWhiteRaven » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome...I am sure you guys will work things out, especially since you are so open and willing and committed to Domestic Discipline. I am from the Wasilla Area of Alaska...and glad I found this forum.

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:09 pm

Welcome sunflower.

--Jacob

NateG

Post by NateG » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Hello and welcome

Sunflower

Post by Sunflower » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:59 am

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome.
DocWhiteRaven wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Welcome, welcome, welcome...I am sure you guys will work things out, especially since you are so open and willing and committed to Domestic Discipline. I am from the Wasilla Area of Alaska...and glad I found this forum.
Oh, I'd say we've already worked things out. Better than ever really, since I little while before starting domestic discipline. We just thought this would be another tool to keep improving.

And hello to Wasilla! We go there occasionally. Welcome to the forum to you too.

Messire2

Post by Messire2 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Welcome. Take your time. Slowly but surely!😊

Sunflower

Post by Sunflower » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:09 pm

DD.jpg
DD.jpg (645.46 KiB) Viewed 535 times

Summer

Post by Summer » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:31 pm