Any advice for the newbie?

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
The3rdPatriarch

Any advice for the newbie?

Post by The3rdPatriarch » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:27 am

Hello, my name is Donnie and I was hoping this forum could help me with a problem. I'm a 22yr old single Christian man who wants to embrace Christian Domestic Discipline & Biblical Gender Roles. However, in my community; there are no churches that support the idea of DD. I was wondering if anyone had any advice about how to tackle this predicament or any suggestions about churches that support DD. I live in Las Vegas, NV. Anything helps!

Lauren

Re: Any advice for the newbie?

Post by Lauren » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:57 am

How do you know there is no churches around that support DD? Have you asked?

Jacob HF

Re: Any advice for the newbie?

Post by Jacob HF » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:07 am

Isn't that amazing?

It's easy to find so-called churches that support (no, promote) homosexuality, drunkenness, gambling, prostitution, building and praying to actual idols, and all manner of debauchery. But, it's so hard to find one that teaches marriage should be conducted according to the scriptures.

Churches that actively support DD are rare and many that do go way too far and support crazy stuff like doing it at church or having it conducted by church elders. Stay away from that junk.

However, it should be possible to find a congregation that teaches Biblical marriage roles as a principle even if they don't go as far as endorsing DD to enforce them. In the USA it is illegal to practice DD without consent, so I understand why a congregation would not want to outwardly endorse DD even if the elders had no personal opposition to it.

Our national culture and laws take the position that almost anything goes between two consenting adults in their bedroom. Perhaps doubly so in Las Vegas. If you fall back on that in the rare instance that you need to explain yourself then you probably won't have too much trouble.

--Jacob