Re-introduction with more info

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Starry

Re-introduction with more info

Post by Starry » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:47 am

It has come to my attention that my earlier introduction did not include sufficient detail for you all to get to know and understand me and Sir and our situation, so I'd like to start again. Hi! I'm Starry! Sir and I live in New England with two kids under 10 and started our DD relationship about a month ago. Even though we're new to DD, we've had a power exchange relationship from the very beginning. A lot of that went away when we became parents, and so did a lot of our intimacy and connection. Luckily, Sir presented the idea of domestic discipline as a way to get our household running more efficiently and effectively as well as rekindling our relationship by going back to what worked so well in the beginning. It's been going really well! Checklists, regular check-ins, and maintenance sessions keep us working smoothly.

He doesn't let me wiggle out of consequences, which I really appreciate - growing up it was far too easy for me to get out of groundings and extra chores, so I never really learned self-discipline for anything except school work. That's a fine line to walk, though, because I have depression and anxiety that comes up very strongly sometimes, and Sir and I need to navigate around that when we talk discipline. (Don't worry, it's also being managed through meds and therapy.)

We fell back into a lot of our old habits - some good, some in need of change - as soon as we started DD. The safe/ slow words & signals, knowing what I need for aftercare, many phrases that we use quite a lot - all very familiar and a good way to start back in. But the consistency is new, and better, this time. We've made Friday night our maintenance night, after the kids are asleep. We call it "date night" to others. But it's our time to reconnect and reaffirm our roles.

Before I found this forum I started a WordPress blog to process some of what we were learning about DD and to reflect on my experiences. I'm also looking for others we can talk to when we need support, which is what I hope this forum will be for us. I have enjoyed and am looking forward to connecting with people on here.

Axel

Re: Re-introduction with more info

Post by Axel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Welcome!
Again!

Summer

Post by Summer » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:03 pm

I’m glad that what you and your HOH are doing is working so well for the two of you. 🤗🤗

What works for you to keep the noise down or does waiting for the kids to be asleep working well?
Hoping my long-distance relationship becomes so much more. Hoping for a DD marriage with my loving, compassionate, stern, strict man.

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:39 am

Hi Starry again
What is your WordPress blog site? Do you still have it?
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Starry

Post by Starry » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:44 am

I do Lee, I'm so glad you asked!
The blog is https://starryandsir.wordpress.com/.

Summer, what we do about kids/ noise is a fan in kid rooms, a noise machine in the closest kid bedroom, and music in our room. We also have our AC running in our room. That's worked pretty well for us after bedtime, and during the day they're usually downstairs so us coming up to the bedroom doesn't cause too much of a disturbance.

Summer

Post by Summer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Starry wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:44 am
I do Lee, I'm so glad you asked!
The blog is https://starryandsir.wordpress.com/.

Summer, what we do about kids/ noise is a fan in kid rooms, a noise machine in the closest kid bedroom, and music in our room. We also have our AC running in our room. That's worked pretty well for us after bedtime, and during the day they're usually downstairs so us coming up to the bedroom doesn't cause too much of a disturbance.
That makes sense. Noise cancellation seems to be a good strategy.
Hoping my long-distance relationship becomes so much more. Hoping for a DD marriage with my loving, compassionate, stern, strict man.