Introduction thread

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Clint

Introduction thread

Post by Clint » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:18 am

Hi everyone,

thanks for checking out domestic-discipline.net - let's talk about Domestic Discipline here !
Due to various comments, I installed this forum and hope, that it will be useful for some of you folks.

I figured we might start with an introduction thread - where are you from, how did you find domestic discipline, how's your relationship status, and what are looking for here...

If you have any questions regarding the forum, please don't hesitate to ask me!

Clint
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

goodmara

Re: Introduction thread

Post by goodmara » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello

I am Mara. I have been in a DD relationship with my
husband for several years. We live in the U.S.
I found your website recently when
searching for Domestic Discipline blogs. I
am hoping to find friends who are living the same
type of lifestyle.

Clint

Post by Clint » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:24 am

Mara,

it's great to have you here!
According to the statistics, almost all of us here are Americans (or Canadians).
The blog already provides lots of info ... how is it for to start DD? Was it easy? Did both of you want it, or was it just one partner? How does DD work for you right now?
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

goodmara

Post by goodmara » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:20 pm

We both wanted to do DD. It's pretty consistent
for us. I would say our marriage is good and we
are very close. I don't know if I would say it is
easy exactly. It takes a lot of commitment from
both parties obviously. As far as how it is working
for us right now? I guess it is working well. We
discuss things once a week to see how things
are going. I try to be the best wife I can and he
tries to be the best husband. :)

Clint

Post by Clint » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Beginning domestic Discipline isn't easy at all, yes ...
Since when are practicing it? Who had the idea initially?

Lizziebeth

Post by Lizziebeth » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:31 am

Hi. I'm Lizziebeth. My husband and I have been practicing dd for close to 3 years. It was my idea. I wanted to have some structure in our marriage. I was afraid to bring up the subject because I thought he would think I was silly. I started out by telling him my desires and then I started sending him a lot of articles and blogs on dd. To my surprise we talked about it and we agreed we would try it. And he became a natural leader. Even though I brought it up and I wanted this life style it turns out he was a better leader than I was a submissive. I'm very strong willed and it doesn't come natural for me to submit. It's been a long road and we're still working through bumps in the road. This life style changed us for the better. I wish we would have known about it from the beginning of our marriage.
I don't get very many punishment spankings anymore. But I require maintainance. They help me to keep things together. I have more respect and admiration for my husband than ever before.

ann

Post by ann » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 pm

We are Jeff and Ann. We started DD five years ago. I found about DD by searching for scripture and articles on how to change and make our marriage better. At the time, we were twenty years into our marriage.I had always headed the household, was disciplinarian for kids, and handled the finances , but I was not happy and I was tired. When I started reading about DD, I became intrigued. I did a lot of research and brought the idea to Jeff, which he embraced immediately.

We are still going strong. Jeff handles everything now. We have three children 17, 19, 23 (who, does know about our lifestyle), They like the change. Jeff handles decisions where they are concerned, the finances, and major decisions concerning the household as a whole. I am no longer stressed and tired. I fell like a wife again.

We are looking forward to meeting and chatting with like minded people. We are actually about to do a boot-camp to reset our roles as we have strayed a bit with our busy lives.

Ann

Clint

Post by Clint » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:53 am

@Lizzibeth,

your story is a great example for Domestic Discipline as a 'tool for change'.
You try it, and after a while both of you become more comfortable in your roles.
Great to read this! And of course spanking doesn't have to be that important in a DD relationship.

@Jeff/Ann
'I am no longer stressed and tired' that's great - and 5 years is a long time, it's safe to say you're well past beyond the initial problems. Keep going !

Clint

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:52 am

Hi! I introduced DD to my husband about 3 1/2 years ago after coming across DD bogs on the internet. After showing my husband a blog or two, he was all for it, and so our DD journey began. We've been married 19 1/2 years, and wish we would have started DD from the beginning.

Consistency with DD has been difficult, especially with kids in the house. My husband loves being my HOH, and we both wouldn't want to quit DD. We have met and vacationed with two other DD couples, and it would be nice to get to know other's perspectives and experiences. :) We look forward to talking with others.

Glad I found this forum.

Clint, Thank you for starting your forum and blog back up :)

Kgirl

ann

Post by ann » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi Kgirl

Your story is similar to Jeff's and mine. We begin at the twenty year mark and I was the one that brought it to the table. It has been great thus far and wouldn't even think of stopping. I t is difficult with grown children in the house, but we have gotten creative. I would enjoy getting to know other couples as well.

Ann