Introduction thread

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
kgirl

Re: Introduction thread

Post by kgirl » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Ann!
Glad to hear dd is working out great for you two. Feel free to PM me anytime. :)

-Kgirl

Clint

Post by Clint » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 am

Many of usstarted dd at a later point, which proves that dd is also about trust, something which is built up over years. As comments in this section can be read by anyone , I hope that they will convince others, who maybe haven't started yet!
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Strummer

Post by Strummer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi all!
Strummer here....Kgirl's husband of almost 20 years. Looking forward to hearing from other HOH's. Stories, suggestions and the like. Oh, if you couldn't tell, I like guitars! Thanks---Strummer... 8-)

WildViolets

Post by WildViolets » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Hello all my name is Jenn and my husband and I are very new to DD. We have been married for 17 years and I introduced the subject to him in February. I have been doing research on this for several years and after our initial discussion I was eager to begin. I failed to take into account that it would be a process of trial and error, and we both quickly became frustrated, so we decided to slow things down. I should add that I while I am very loving and giving of myself I also tend to be inpatient and reactionary. My husband is so loving and supportive, but he is not great at being assertive or expressing disappointment, and he is constantly second guessing himself. In fact one of the many reasons I brought up DD was to encourage and support him in embracing a firmer leadership role. I want him to have as much confidence in himself as I do.
After doing more research and lots of communicating I am working very hard at letting him know I trust him completely and I have a strong desire to be held accountable when I fail to adhere to the guidelines we have discussed and agreed too. At this early stage most of those " rules" are things that I need to do to better myself (following my diet and exercise plan, controlling my temper, and managing my stress level)but at my insistence we also incorporated a few things that I can do to lower his stress level. There is not much I can do about the stress he has at work but I can be sure that once he gets home he is able to just relax and enjoy spending time with our family.
Even though our start down this path has been rocky, I'm so glad we have continued the journey. I have noticed that I am calmer and more focused and that my husband seems to be more relaxed . We have shared more laughter and been more affectionate. It has almost been like being newlyweds, and I guess in a way it is very similar. We have renewed our commitment to each other and embraced a new life together.
I guess this post has gotten pretty lengthy for an introduction, but I am just so excited to find a place that I can share these experiences. I hope to find friendship and support and offer both in return.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Jenn

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi Jenn,
Glad to hear you're going slow. DD can be tough, especially in the beginning. My husband and I started off slow. We are now on 3 1/2 years. We are just really beginning to take off. It is a long process. My husband has really stepped up and he's been awesome! I just had to be really open with him. We love DD and both of us would never go back.
I think it's great you are thinking of things to help take the stress off your husband. It's nice to hear DD has really helped your marriage.

I could always use another DD friend. Feel free to PM me. :)

-kgirl

Clint

Post by Clint » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 am

Kgirl and Jenny, it's great to have you here!
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Clint wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 am
Kgirl and Jenny, it's great to have you here!o can
Thanks Clint! :) My husband, Strummer is on here too. He's hoping to talk with other men on here who can relate to being an HOH. Hopefully soon.

Clint

Post by Clint » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 pm

kgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:28 pm
Clint wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 am
Kgirl and Jenny, it's great to have you here!o can
Thanks Clint! :) My husband, Strummer is on here too. He's hoping to talk with other men on here who can relate to being an HOH. Hopefully soon.
I hope we can establish, slowly, a group like minded DD couples here ... that would be great!
Strummer is, as far as I know, the first DD husband in this forum. Welcome!

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Hello! I have been married 13 years this June and we incorporated DD into our marriage 6 going on 7 years ago. Even though we have been at it this long, consistency can still be a struggle. But when thinges are on point, the good out weighs the bad. Right now, we are in a little bit of a struggle. His work schedule is making life difficult in Many aspects. But I will say, that if we never would have incorporated DD into our marriage years ago, with all that is going on now, the struggle would be much much greater.

I am very much so looking forward to meeting new people who understand DD dynamic and keep in touch with friends I have known for a while. Thank you Clint, for setting this up and giving all of us an opportunity to strengthen DD communities.
Who knows, maybe I could get my hubby to become a member and learn from other HOH'S experiences. (I am keeping my hopes up.)
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

Clint

Post by Clint » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:46 pm

A little late, but never theses: Welcome, Goldilocks!
Thanks for the compliments and I hope that your husband joins ... so far the HoH corner is somewhat inactive.