Hello, married couple in New England

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Starry

Hello, married couple in New England

Post by Starry » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m hoping we’ll be welcome here and find some support as the two of us navigate these waters. We’d had something like a DD relationship when we were first married, but life has gotten in the way and we are now coming back around to it (2 kids, a house, we both have high-responsibility full time jobs, etc.) It feels different this time - much better. We are both more intentional and more open about what works for us and why, and what doesn’t. Both of us would like to connect to others who practice DD and this forum seems like a good place to start.

Summer

Re: Hello, married couple in New England

Post by Summer » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:33 pm

Welcome! I’ve gotten a lot of great information from the helpful folks here. 😊

sophia

Post by sophia » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:30 pm

Welcome! :D

Axel

Post by Axel » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Welcome!
It would be very interesting to know the differences from then to now. Are the rules the same or have they changed? The discipline?
My own view on DD has definitely changed over the years…
Axel

Starry

Post by Starry » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Good questions Axel, and I’m not sure how much of our previous relationship I can discuss on here due to forum rules. It was more fun and playful than purposeful and intentional. It wasn’t for a further goal than because it worked for us and we enjoyed it. Some of the rules are the same - no swearing, be respectful, take care of myself, etc - and others are different. I’m fully in charge of the kitchen and kids’ self care, though Sir will help out with those things if I need it. I used to do all our laundry from wash to put away. Now that we have kids I wash, dry, and sort all the laundry, but he puts his own away.

The discipline now is more regular, consistent, and severe. I feel much more secure in what I can and cannot get away with now, which helps me move myself and our family toward our goals.

Cleaner802

Post by Cleaner802 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:19 am

Where in New England are you fine folks? My wife and I live in Vermont!

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Welcome, I bet you will find what are you looking for, people here have all sorts of interesting perspectives.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism