Introduction

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
mairipp

Introduction

Post by mairipp » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:33 am

My name is Mairi and I am 41 years old. My husband and I have been together for 23 years and married for 20 of them. We have two daughters, one grown up and married, and one at university. We live in London, in the UK. My husband's family is patriarchal and belongs to a Christian group which practices Domestic Discipline. We do not share some of their religious beliefs but when we married he wanted, and I was willing, to accept his family's way of living. After a short while it did not work out and my husband and I have lived "normal" lives, bringing up our daughters and pursuing successful careers. I became very assertive at work and this spread to the home and for some years our marriage had been amicable but lacking in intimacy. We have always been accepted by my husband's family, his mother has been a loving and brilliant grandmother, but we have not shared the DD aspect of their lifestyle.

The first Covid lockdown in March pushed us together, our children now having fled the roost, and introduced tensions, my husband being a hospital doctor and me working from home, and I began to understand that I wanted peace and guidance. I looked with envy at my husband's sister, happy in her DD lifestyle and with sadness at the emptiness of career ambitions and the person I had become achieving them. Eventually, when the Covid pressure eased a little, we found time for the most meaningful conversations we have had for over a decade and jointly decided (m husband perhaps keener than me) to resort to a full HoH relationship in the bosom of his family.

This Summer, with Covid restrictions relaxed, we began this process, but the second and, worse, the third lockdown intervened and for two and a half months now Mother (his mother, widowed) has been living in our house with the HoH increasingly swamped at work with the crisis, and unable to devote the time and effort which he would like to our new relationship in what we had planned to be a training period. That is where we are, really, locked in the Covid crisis, with me being instructed by his mother on household skills but not seeing enough of my "new" husband and apprehensive of a post-Covid world into which I will emerge a different person, for I will be resigning my job and seeking something more appropriate to our lifestyle, and I know, from the "taster" I got in the summer, that our lifestyle will out. For a start, his mother's idea of keeping a secret is telling only one friend a week!

I am joining this group to seek reassurance that there are others out there and that I am not completely weird. Surrender of authority is proving difficult.

Olivia

Re: Introduction

Post by Olivia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:07 pm

Welcome and thank you for the detailed introduction! You certainly are not alone!

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Welcome. You came to the right place! I cannot give you advise, as I'm not yet living this lifestyle, but I'd definitely encourage you to dig deeper into it.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

Axel

Post by Axel » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:11 am

Hi Mairi and welcome!
You are certainly not alone out there! My wife and I live in Sweden, almost in the same time zone!
We all need sympathetic ears and eyes in the pursuit of this lifestyle. And I’m looking forward to knowing you better!
Axel

Emily

Post by Emily » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 am

Welcome! :)
Happily married to the most wonderful and loving guy! 💖💖💖

AWE_1993

Post by AWE_1993 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:21 am

Hello, welcome!

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:14 pm

Welcome.

Thank you for sharing your situation, it is unique, I think. COVID has changed so many things for all of us. I hope you find the answers you need here. I suspect they may be a bit different than what you get from Mother. :D