Hello

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Gator

Hello

Post by Gator » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello all,

My name is Phil. My wife and I have been married 23 years this month. I am retired from the Army and run a small business out of my home. We have raised three boys and just recently have found ourselves almost empty nesters. All were gone but one moved back temporarily which is fine since he is getting his schooling done so he can better support himself and his soon to be wife.

My wife and I have always had a somewhat D/s relationship but it was never clearly defined and the dominance in the relationship seemed to vary depending on the situation. I have had several year-long deployments and the resulting change in home dynamic during those times forced her to become Mom and Dad far more often than either of us would have liked. Now that things have settled for us considerably we can feel our relationship changing. A couple years ago she asked to submit to me fully. I was surprised by this and was not sure what that looked like so I began researching. I stumbled upon DD and did a lot of reading. I presented it to her as a way for us to go down that path of submission. I think we both were surprised how much the general premise already aligned with our beliefs.

We had a rough start and mistakes were made. We are again attempting to get into DD after almost a year of hiatus. We have a better understanding of what might work for us now though so hopefully it goes better. I do notice her spirits are higher when she knows I am assuming control. I hope to help her remain calmer and happier going forward.

I've rambled a lot here and not said much so I'll stop now. I look forward to gleaming as much information from the group as I can.

Phil

NateG

Re: Hello

Post by NateG » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Welcome Phil,

Good luck and keep working on it. I live in a large military area and know how hard it is for families during those long deployments. It would be very hard to maintain a good DD lifestyle, so I am glad that you and she have maintained and working on it again.

Nate

Emily

Post by Emily » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:34 am

Welcome! :)
Happily married to the most wonderful and loving guy! 💖💖💖

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:36 am

Welcome!!!

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Welcome, It is always good to have the HOH in the forum discussions. :D

AWE_1993

Post by AWE_1993 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Phil, welcome!

It's so good to see other like us around, I feel your wife, although my husband was semi permanently retired from the army, because of a field injury, when I met him my heart sometimes pound a little when I think he can get called back into service anytime, and we can even move because of it.

Wishing you a great time here in the forum and looking forward to learn a lot.

BillW

Post by BillW » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:43 pm

Welcome, Gator !

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:02 am

Welcome Phil.

Thank You for your service.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Paul_PWE

Post by Paul_PWE » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:37 am

Welcome sir!

It's an honor to share service with such respectable people.

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi Phil, welcome to the Forum!
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."(John 1:4)