A Tardy Hello

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
BillW

A Tardy Hello

Post by BillW » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Happy to be here where reality is still reality.

Age 71, wife 60 (I robbed the cradle !). Retired from a second career spent working in a big, state prison (after bailing out of classical music in disgust). Children weren't in the cards for us, but ten dear (usually) little cats keep us engaged and amused. Sparsely populated rural area (Appalachia) suits us well, watching deer, foxes, minks, beavers & whatnot crossing the road from the front porch in the summer time. Not to overlook the heron, the ducks, the hummingbirds and too many more birds to list. Nature's our television (LOL !)

Wife was strictly raised (Church of the Brethren -- one of many plain dressing, plain living German-Swiss pietistic denominations in the state), which gave us a leg up on this although I wasted too many years being reluctant to do what I (we) knew. All's well that ends well though.

And that's us.

Pleased to meet you.

VernAKmiss

Re: A Tardy Hello

Post by VernAKmiss » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Hello there!!! How long have you been practicing DD? What is the layout of your relationship including DD? My husband and I are very new to the lifestyle and I love gaining knowledge from long time DDers. Do you have any advice to a new couple?? Welcome to the forum!!

AWE_1993

Post by AWE_1993 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello Bill!
This is all so interesting, you guys certainly have the experience to guide many of us here. Happy to have you be part of this community.

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi again Bill! and always great to hear from you, sweet reality and your lyrical description of beautiful Appalachia is a breath of fresh air!
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."(John 1:4)

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Welcome!!
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Glad to read your intro! Welcome! It sounds absolutely breathtaking there!!!

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Hello BillW,
Can I ask how you began DD? I am glad to know my husband and I are not the only seniors in the group :D

BillW

Post by BillW » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:51 pm

For anyone looking for advice, I'd have to say that there is no one-size fits all approach that works. People are too different for that. Some women are spitfires that need an iron hand (with or without the velvet glove), while others quail and crumple when someone looks at them disapprovingly. As William Blake put it, "One law for the ox and the lion is oppression."

You have to find your (plural) own way. Not expect that somebody else's will work for you. It will definitely put you (plural) through some changes that, perhaps, you'd been avoiding having to acknowledge. Where and how you start is not necessarily where and how you end up as you grow and discover. People, like onions, have a lot of layers, and what can seem like one solid thing can be a compound of parts that work together (or don't).

Communication is key. And white lie-type communication is poisonous - you don't want to end up being co-dependants in a fantasy life. (The"right answer" to "Does this dress make my ass look fat ?" is NOT "No" if it does). DD is one of the most intensely REAL modes of relationship there is.

Needless to say, be honest. With each other, and with yourself.

Decide what you want out of it -- and be open to that idea changing over time as it changes YOU.

It's a long road, but it has too many happy endings to count.

That would be my advice to anyone starting out, or on the edge of it.

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:52 pm

BillW wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:51 pm
For anyone looking for advice, I'd have to say that there is no one-size fits all approach that works. People are too different for that. Some women are spitfires that need an iron hand (with or without the velvet glove), while others quail and crumple when someone looks at them disapprovingly. As William Blake put it, "One law for the ox and the lion is oppression."

You have to find your (plural) own way. Not expect that somebody else's will work for you. It will definitely put you (plural) through some changes that, perhaps, you'd been avoiding having to acknowledge. Where and how you start is not necessarily where and how you end up as you grow and discover. People, like onions, have a lot of layers, and what can seem like one solid thing can be a compound of parts that work together (or don't).

Communication is key. And white lie-type communication is poisonous - you don't want to end up being co-dependants in a fantasy life. (The"right answer" to "Does this dress make my ass look fat ?" is NOT "No" if it does). DD is one of the most intensely REAL modes of relationship there is.

Needless to say, be honest. With each other, and with yourself.

Decide what you want out of it -- and be open to that idea changing over time as it changes YOU.

It's a long road, but it has too many happy endings to count.

That would be my advice to anyone starting out, or on the edge of it, FWIW.
Thank you for the good words. I am looking for advise and know everything you say is true.

Emily

Post by Emily » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:33 am

Welcome! :)
Happily married to the most wonderful and loving guy! 💖💖💖