Hello from Palestine

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
mimi9khalid

Re: Hello from Palestine

Post by mimi9khalid » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

NateG wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:56 am
Hello and welcome!
Thank you Nate!

mimi9khalid

Post by mimi9khalid » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:50 am

Award01 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:49 am
Sure. A punishment spanking for me a least will leave red marks and maybe a little bruising but nothing like scars or bleeding. Some people on this forum have said they have gotten welts (a swollen mark). I haven't gotten that yet but my husband and I are new to this and he is going to start using more than his hand depending on the infraction.
Yes, it is more severe here. How long has your husband been disciplining you for? Did you marry recently or did you decide to start later? :)

Award01

Post by Award01 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm

We've been married for 5 years and have recently implemented domestic discipline. Is there an understanding of what the rules of the household are and what the consequences are if broken? Do you feel more connected to your husband after he's disciplined you?... Considering it's more severe there, which I thought it might be, I think it would be difficult to not feel resentful. I'm guessing breaking the skin is common? What do you mean by it is more severe there?
Have you heard of aftercare (him holding you and assuring you of his love after he's punished you?)

mimi9khalid

Post by mimi9khalid » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Award01 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm
We've been married for 5 years and have recently implemented domestic discipline. Is there an understanding of what the rules of the household are and what the consequences are if broken? Do you feel more connected to your husband after he's disciplined you?... Considering it's more severe there, which I thought it might be, I think it would be difficult to not feel resentful. I'm guessing breaking the skin is common? What do you mean by it is more severe there?
Have you heard of aftercare (him holding you and assuring you of his love after he's punished you?)
I am very happy for you and your husband, I hope it is beneficial for both of you :)

Yes, the rules are not written but there is an understanding. I know he disciplines me out of love, and it helps me stay on track so I am not resentful (even if I might be in the moment). Sometimes there are cuts and bruises but nothing that doesn't heal eventually.

I've never heard of this term, but this is what my husband does already :)

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Award01 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm
I know the questions were not for me, but I would like to explain that family structure in the middle-east is old-fashioned or traditional. So it's still understood that the husband is the head of the household, just like Europe or America in the 50s. Even though women here have jobs and some of them financially independent, within marriage, it's understood that she should obey her husband. That's why terms like DD or aftercare..etc are not necessary. It's just marriage.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

Award01

Post by Award01 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Thank you. Yeah I am beginning to understand that. I like that it's traditional. But I feel sadly that it may be easy for abuse to take place.

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:28 pm

Award01 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 pm
Thank you. Yeah I am beginning to understand that. I like that it's traditional. But I feel sadly that it may be easy for abuse to take place.
No this is not the case. Domestic violence is a worldly issue, it has no culture or place. Yes, marriage here is traditional, but violent beating is not acceptable, and husbands who abuse their wives are looked down on. Personally, in my family and among close friends husbands never discipline their wives physically .. Maybe that's why I've been looking online. I just need to be spanked :lol:
DesertRose

Award01

Post by Award01 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm

DesertRose,
Are you from the Middle East? From my research violence is more common against women in Africa and the Middle East. Yes domestic violence is a worldwide issue, but certain cultures are more accepting than others, so it seems anyway..

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:59 pm

Award01 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm
DesertRose,
Are you from the Middle East? From my research violence is more common against women in Africa and the Middle East. Yes domestic violence is a worldwide issue, but certain cultures are more accepting than others, so it seems anyway..
Yes, I am from the middle east. I guess the media painted a certain image about our culture that is not true. I see domestic violence is common in the west. I guess it's case by case issue, not cultural.
DesertRose

Award01

Post by Award01 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

The media does lie, no argument there. Yes, the Middle East is painted as a notorious region. From a very young age I was taught that it is a very violent area of the world.