Hello from Canada

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
ex-hoh

Re: Hello from Canada

Post by ex-hoh » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:24 am

Lauren wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:38 pm
ex-hoh wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm
My wife however saw a pastor on Youtube, and got hooked on him. He became the head of the house, and I needed to obey him.
What do you mean by this? How did the Pastor become Head of the Household? Why did YOU need to obey the Pastor?

P.S. Please be careful how you word things. Saying your wife ONLY had to take care of the home and children is really disrespectful. It is a full time job and is not a piece of cake. Please give her the credit she deserves.
Sure... That was not my intent. I seem to remember writing all this in the life was wonderful part. It was never something that I thought was small at all. In fact I personally believe it is a very important task hence why it is mentioned in the bible. I think it is sad that too many people put that job down, and push women away form wanting to, or being proud about it.

ex-hoh

Post by ex-hoh » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:28 am

leenicolelinn wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:20 am

It is very hard to look into someone's life by just a paragraph, there are a lot of assumptions. My first assumption is that your wife was not content or happy, something was wrong because she was "searching" for something. Unfortunately she found it on YouTube and it does not sound good. I am sorry for that. Also I may be totally wrong, again it may be a wrong assumption.

May I ask how you used DD when you found out she was doing this YouTube pastor thing? I am sure there is much history in trying to get her away from that.

Anyway. Welcome
Nic
1. Agreed 100%, that is why it was a tough call as one has to realize when the answer to the solution is not you.
2. I did not use DD to stop it. You can't discipline someone that does not respect you, or does not see you as the head. I never tried. I decided to use the scripture to combat the things that he was saying that I knew was against the Bible.

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Welcome!
I hope you will find the right woman soon, or maybe you will unite with your wife again.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

SomewhatDefiant

Post by SomewhatDefiant » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Jacob HF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:09 am
ex-hoh wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:59 pm
I am not sure how much this board supports anything religious
I am very forward about my faith here and haven't gotten any pushback at all.

--Jacob
I’m with Jacob here. Many people (including myself) are very open about our faith, even to the point of debating theological points. Never seen it cause any issues.