New here

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Peach

New here

Post by Peach » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:38 am

Hi everyone.

I am new to this website, though not to the concept in general. My husband and I, we are 40yrs old, married for close to 20 years with kids. We have read the original TIH website back in 2013, dabbled in the bdsm crowd for several years and tried to have a D/s married lifestyle after that. The last 3-4 years haven't been easy and we are slowly back to talking about getting a power exchange relationship back into our lives, in a TIH or DD way. We both want him to be the HoH.

We are scheduling a time for us to sit and discuss this seriously soon and I'll appreciate any insight or advice. He gave me a list of things he wanted me to think about before our conversation:
what is my/our goal?
What routines/new elements should we implement into our life at first?
What do I expect out of this?

Thank you for having me here and for anything you can share from your own wisdom and experience,
Peach

Pink cheeks

Re: New here

Post by Pink cheeks » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Welcome

I dont know how much I can offer as we are also very new to this. Just under 3 months in. Ups and downs are frequent. We started with the conversations on areas where I needed to improve. From that came our list of rules. On the advise of many we started with a short list, too soon we increased the rules on the list and then we backed off some of them. That has worked well. I am sure at some point in the future we will add more rules back in, but for now 7 is enough!

We also did a 30 day boot camp, then a 2 day intense bootcamp. That was super helpful for us. We are still learning how to fit into our roles. This forum is a great place to ask questions and research info.

Good luck.

Peach

Post by Peach » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Thank you pinkcheeks. And what is a Bootcamp?

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:06 am

Peach wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:56 pm
Thank you pinkcheeks. And what is a Bootcamp?
Here are some links to other posts about Bootcamp

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1510

Also to my journal where I post a bit about our experience

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1516

There were some others - Ill try to find them for you and post a link.

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:17 am

More conversation about boot camp here

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1528

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:02 am

Welcome!!