New to DD, and looking for advice to get started!

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
leenicolelinn

Re: New to DD, and looking for advice to get started!

Post by leenicolelinn » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:30 am

I agree with Phil, Miras and Lauren. That website is harsh and is more toward BDSM tone. Which is fine if you both agree to that. Take it slow, read old posts from here, ask questions. Phil says to talk..... Yes talk a lot, you all come up with your own rules and punishments that fit your life.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 am

Welcome!
Starting simple and adding rules and expectations as we got comfortable worked out to be much less successful than when we tried starting with a bunch of rules at once.
Talking is the key! The more communication y'all have, the more you'll understand each other and be on the same page. We did nightly check ins for a while and things ran really well during that time.... we should go back to it!
The rules in the link were too strict and not very practical for our relationship but - I like how each rule explained some of the key expectations... for example, be respectful is very broad and means something different to everyone. There will always be things you have to learn as you go (at times it can feel frustrating and unfair; those are great opportunities to communicate and strengthen your understanding of one another) but I've found that the clearer the expectations of each rule- the easier they are to follow and accept responsibility when they are broken, making the lessons more impactful.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi! Welcome! I know my welcome is a little late, but I do love this place and as you can see, the people on here give great advice.
I agree completely with everyone who mentioned how important communication is. Never stop talking. And Always be honest about your feelings. No.matter how uncomfortable the topic may seem.
Good luck to you both, and I hope this all works out for you!
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

Karlw195

Post by Karlw195 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Initially you both need to sit down and be honest with each other, what do you want to achieve from this lifestyle. It certainly will bring you much closer together . Secondly you need to discuss rules what you both think should be included thirdly discuss punishments maybe set guidelines . Once you have those agreed you can start things can change as time goes on again you sit down regularly and discuss where things can be changed. The most important thing is you both are committed and consistent
The HOH must be fair and measured at all times this will form the trust required by his partner to accept his authority and accept the punishment