Introduction

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
Hunterjumper38

Introduction

Post by Hunterjumper38 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi. I have been lurking on this sight and have officially become a member. I am so happy to have found a place where I feel I belong. My husband and I are not strangers to DD, but we have been very inconsistent. We started this journey over ten years ago and it was very scary for me to even being it up to him. To my surprise he was open to it. He unfortunately is not the most dominant kind of person so it does take me prodding him to actually get us to do anything. We were more consistent a few years ago but then life got so busy we just never continued. Things came to a head the other night when we had a huge fight. I had been very rude and totally out of line and I knew it. I pushed him over the edge and I had never seen him that upset. I tried everything to apologize but he was very angry. I had said some very hurtful things and I did not want this to also hurt my marriage. We were able to finally talk through things and I mentioned starting DD again. He actually agreed. I told him how I needed to do this and I do not want to behave this way. I do have an anger issue and take it out on him and I want that to be corrected. He was very responsive and I am glad to say this weekend he punished me for my actions. We also discussed maintenance once a week, which I feel I most definitely need at this stage. I just can only hope he will continue this. The only thing I hate is him not suggesting things and it’s always me when I feel like I need correcting. If anyone has any advice as to how to let him naturally become more dominant I would be grateful. Thank you for listening and I hope to learn more from you all!

Miras

Re: Introduction

Post by Miras » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:43 am

Welcome and good luck on the marital journey!
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Emily

Post by Emily » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:21 am

Welcome! :)

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:41 am

Welcome!!!