Intro from CA

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
His_sunshine

Intro from CA

Post by His_sunshine » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi all!
We are new to domestic discipline however not completely. I have been in the D/s world for a long time. I met a "vanilla" man almost 2 years ago. He was right from the start a Dominant with me even though he didn't know anything about the life style. So in my head we have always been in a power exchange relationship and I thought that was enough for me and I didn't need the words. Then a couple of months ago something he said triggered me to tell him all about the lifestyle. He loved it and realized yes he is this Dominant person. I told him I believe in true submission, I don't want a safe word because then it gives me power and I don't want to take that from him. As I was looking for articles to have him read to help me explain it all to him, I came across one for Christian Domestic Discipline. As I started reading more about Domestic Discipline and about the differences from D/s I realized this lifestyle was more fitting to us and how we are together. We are in the beginning stages of establishing this life for ourselves, however I feel it will only be the beginning to a happy relationship with him.
His_sunshine

Miras

Re: Intro from CA

Post by Miras » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Welcome His_sunshine!
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Welcome!

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Welcome!!

Emily

Post by Emily » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:20 am

Welcome! :)
Happily married to the most wonderful and loving guy! 💖💖💖

NateG

Post by NateG » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:43 am

Welcome!

Hope you will write often. I agree on not having a safeword. It shouldn't be needed in DD.

Nate

Beauty

Post by Beauty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Welcome! No safe word works best for me and for the same reasons too. ❤️
Happy to be taken in hand by my Beast

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm

We do have a safe word during spankings. It means "pause." It allows My_Love to catch her breathe during a spanking. It does not cut the punishment short.

Phil

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Phil04 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm
We do have a safe word during spankings. It means "pause." It allows My_Love to catch her breathe during a spanking. It does not cut the punishment short.

Phil
My safe word also signals I am nearing the edge of what I can handle. It works very well for us because I have trouble speaking up and articulating that in the moment. Honestly, I have trouble speaking up for myself in general, so Phil has been very understanding to give me a vehicle to do so, and encourages me to use it when needed. He knows I won't abuse it, and it's a way of showing his trust toward me while still fully in charge and leading me so well. I think it is reassuring for him as well, because he knows I have that tool to slow things down for a second or two as a way to give feedback respectfully, so he won't take things too far and harm our relationship or my trust in him. It is just another way for us to communicate. I know safe words aren't for everyone, but maybe this explains why they work in our particular situation. Phil has gotten pretty good at reading my responses, so it is possible we may dispense with the safe word at some point. Or not. I don't know.🤷

Anyhow, welcome, His_sunshine. I look forward to learning more about your story!

-ML 💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello from Los Angeles. Welcome!