Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
oldfashionedwife

Re: New member

Post by oldfashionedwife » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am

We have always talked about everything...People ask me what's the secret to a long marriage...They are surprised when I don't say love, trust, honesty...you need that when you enter into a relationship...but to stay in that relationship...you need commitment, communication and compromise. When we have talks about DD he gets it, he says he understands...he'll even look things up that he thinks will help but the actual application of it into our lives isn't there. I have a history of self loathing, self destructive behavior...at my age you would think I would be passed that but things you feel when you are young don't just magically disappear...What I need from my husband is to notice the signs that I am on a downward spiral and to nip it in the bud by what ever means we have discussed...and I don't necessarily mean spanking...that would be the last method...It could be cutting off my computer time, giving me a job to do...I can feel when I am hitting the point of no return when I am going to turn into a nasty, sarcastic, destructive person...I've asked if I should tell him when and what I need...he says that's not how DD works...Well then darn it...get on the ball and help me out...Yes I have been in therapy...off and on since I was 16...this last therapist wanted me to sniff cotton balls with different scents on them...I did give it an honest to goodness try...all I got was a headache...I call myself "old fashioned wife" because I believe that one person should be the head of the house...in my case it's my husband...I have always been the submissive sort, I have always done everything in a less modern way...to me that means old fashioned...anyway...now that I have rambled on and on...lol