Hello! :)

Please take your time and introduce yourself to us - why Domestic Discipline, are you married, how your relationship progressed...
sweetie

Re: Hello! :)

Post by sweetie » Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Ep90 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:39 pm
Well, I decided to bring it up to him. My thought was, the worst he can do is say no, but at least either way I’ll have my answer. I asked him through text as I tend to communicate better that way since I have time to prepare my responses thoughtfully. I just asked him if he would be willing to reconsider trying it again since I felt as though it would really help with things around the house. He said yes! He told me that he was willing to try despite the fact that it felt uncomfortable if I was willing to try some things I wasn’t as comfortable with either. I agreed, and when I got home from work we discussed what the rules would be as well as the consequences. I am honestly over the moon that he is willing to give this another go. Hopefully as time goes on he becomes more comfortable with having to discipline me. Fingers crossed! And thanks everyone for your input! It’s great meeting everyone! :)
That’s great news. Good luck 🍀 Ep90.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

Miras

Post by Miras » Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 am

Ep90 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:39 pm
Well, I decided to bring it up to him. My thought was, the worst he can do is say no, but at least either way I’ll have my answer. I asked him through text as I tend to communicate better that way since I have time to prepare my responses thoughtfully. I just asked him if he would be willing to reconsider trying it again since I felt as though it would really help with things around the house. He said yes! He told me that he was willing to try despite the fact that it felt uncomfortable if I was willing to try some things I wasn’t as comfortable with either. I agreed, and when I got home from work we discussed what the rules would be as well as the consequences. I am honestly over the moon that he is willing to give this another go. Hopefully as time goes on he becomes more comfortable with having to discipline me. Fingers crossed! And thanks everyone for your input! It’s great meeting everyone! :)
If only all our cases were so easy! Congratulations and good luck with the rest!
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Astolaine

Post by Astolaine » Sat May 11, 2019 7:38 am

Hi
Thank you for sharing, I'm sort of new to this forum too! Thought it would be nice to join as none of our friends and family know about particular preferences (they just wouldn't get it)! We've toyed with DD for some time, I say toyed as we have a tendency to let things get in the way and it's all too easy to let things fizzle out isn't it?!

My hubby is naturally very decisive and driven, and I feel more comfortable with him at the helm! I have a tendency to worry and can be a bit bratty (lol) so our lives fun more smoothly when we actively incorporate DD. Some couples have rules but we've never really gotten that off the ground tbh.

We've enjoyed BDSM for a while so I guess the DD thing evolved from there for us, although I'm sure many couples who are into DD don't share our passion for BDSM, for some DD is a lifestyle choice, and that's where we would like to be really, living a DD lifestyle (with BDSM thrown in for fun.

We're making a concerted effort to carry it through this time, I have worried about whether I'm odd for wanting my hubby to be the HOH and correcting me - I'm sure lots of women would detest the idea! But it actually makes me feel safe and sort of content - does that make sense?

Oh well, here's to our journey, keep us posted re: how you're getting on and feel free to message at any time x

Miras

Post by Miras » Sun May 12, 2019 5:28 am

Astolaine wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:38 am
We've enjoyed BDSM for a while so I guess the DD thing evolved from there for us, although I'm sure many couples who are into DD don't share our passion for BDSM, for some DD is a lifestyle choice, and that's where we would like to be really, living a DD lifestyle (with BDSM thrown in for fun.
You see, in certain chat, I once said that DD frequently seems as "BDSM for a decent family" :D .
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

right now

Post by right now » Wed May 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Ep90 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:17 am
Hi all!

My name is Emmalyn and I’m from Tennessee! I’ve been married for about three years now, and have tried DD once before. I have been on this site and the DD blog several times but finally plucked up the courage to join. I’m truly very excited to get to know everyone and to have somewhere to talk about all this!

I’m afraid I may not have much to contribute at the moment as we are not actively participating in DD. This is something I have wanted for as long as I can remember, but I wasn’t able to actually talk about it until January of last year. Danny wasn’t over the moon about it, but was willing to try it if it made me happy and could improve things at home. At the time we had been arguing a lot, and chores weren’t getting done around the house. I knew DD was the change that I needed to give my husband the respect he deserves and to help things get back on track at home. Unfortunately though, we only ended up making it through a few months of DD before it fizzled out. Danny stopped holding me accountable for things, and when I asked him about it he admitted he wasn’t interested in DD anymore because it made him feel too much like my dad. He felt like he shouldn’t have to spank me like a child to make me do the things most grown women do on their own. I guess I could understand where he was coming from, but I’ve had a hard time since.

I’m really hoping talking with others on this site will help me, as I am really having a difficult time with no longer being held accountable. We are fighting again, our sex life isn’t great, and I’ve had no motivation to do anything at home. I know he is growing increasingly frustrated with me, but it’s like my body doesn’t know how to fix it. I feel like all it would take is him giving me one good spanking and I would be back to normal, but I don’t know that that’s going to happen. If anyone would like to share any thoughts or advice, I’d greatly appreciate it! I’m not sure at this point if I should try bringing it up again or whether I should respect his feelings and let it be. In the meantime it’s great seeing others in this community who are so supportive, and who have been at it for so long!!
Welcome Emmalyn. I hope you are able to learn a lot from this forum. I'd be happy to answer any questions about DD for you or your husband if you care to message me. I have found DD very helpful in marriage, but it does take the right people and the right understanding. It can take a while for a man to see why you might need it, so be patient. Good to meet you!