Male vs. Female Led DD

Politics, science, and your life!
NateG

Re: Male vs. Female Led DD

Post by NateG » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:14 pm

EZZ,

Well your reading your last post, maybe it would work for you two. But also like you said, you may not want to take on the responsibility. Responsibility is a key factor for the HoH. Definitely something to consider. If you would decide to try it out for a while, I'd think you would need at least two months, maybe 3 to get the real feel of it and see how it works for you guys.

Nate

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:34 am

Thank you for your post, Nate.

I agree with you that taking on the responsibility would be a huge aspect for me. I also feel inclined to agree about the length of time required to make any trial worthwhile. Three months sounds like a very long time but is realistic and what it would take to fully get into the new, i.e. reversed, roles for both of us.

Such a massive step that I think it is unlikely to be one that we will take, at least for the foreseeable future, but still interesting to think, and talk, about. A hypothetical experiment!
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

NateG

Post by NateG » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:56 am

Ezz,

Yes, it is interesting to think about, especially if it is something that both partners think is possible or doable. I would NOT want to change roles in our relationship, for many reasons. I like being in charge, not just at home, but in general..lol. Maybe it came originally from being the first born child?? It would be so hard to not be as vocal about things as I am now...in most cases. Plus, I just feel responsible for the family and home...especially when things don't go well.

Let me know if you and Jez have any more discussions on it. It is interesting to see if the dynamic could really change. Just seems like it would be very difficult...but that is probably just me projecting.

Nate

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:07 am

Ezz wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:34 am
Thank you for your post, Nate.

I agree with you that taking on the responsibility would be a huge aspect for me. I also feel inclined to agree about the length of time required to make any trial worthwhile. Three months sounds like a very long time but is realistic and what it would take to fully get into the new, i.e. reversed, roles for both of us.

Such a massive step that I think it is unlikely to be one that we will take, at least for the foreseeable future, but still interesting to think, and talk, about. A hypothetical experiment!
If other couples have tried a DD role-reversal, I would think it has to be pretty rare. But, if you ever try it, I am sure everybody here would love to hear about it, and you would likely get plenty of advice and opinions from different perspectives. Even from me, for what it's worth. :)