Suggestions for Euphemisms

Important threats will be linked here.
StrangeLove4791

Suggestions for Euphemisms

Post by StrangeLove4791 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Hello...

Pretty new to the forum and the lifestyle...

The wife and I are negotiating (for lack of a better word) how our DD arrangement will function. We're pretty far along in the process and starting to get down to the nuts and bolts of contract language. A couple of terms at which she bristles at are "rules" and "infractions". She is a rebellious brat after all...for years we've joked that if someone wants her to get something done, all they need do is telling she can't do it.

I can use a thesaurus as well as the next person, but I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else in the community had run across this issue. Feel free to share alternatives to these specific words. Or talk about other terms or concepts that you or your partner has objected to in the implementation of DD and how you dealt with it.

Thanks!

Mel41

Re: Suggestions for Euphemisms

Post by Mel41 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Welcome! Everyone is different in the terminology they choose to adopt. In our relationship, we use the word commitments instead of rules. As in, I have committed to certain things and to not follow through would mean I have failed to keep my commitment to us. And we never speak of punishments. For us, it's a reset - getting us back on track.
🎵 Hit me baby one more time 🎵

In love, and together in life, with Steve41

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 pm

I also dislike the word infection, but we haven't come up with a different word, and I don't hate it enough to not use it. "Infractions" just sounds so formal and unnatural.

Mel, I love the concept of commitments instead of rules. Seems it really gets to the hear of why we do this.

-ML 💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

StrangeLove4791

Post by StrangeLove4791 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Committment is great...may have to steal it. I was toying with objectives, but it just sounds so corporate.

Mel41

Post by Mel41 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:59 am

Steal away! As the kids say, sharing is caring!
🎵 Hit me baby one more time 🎵

In love, and together in life, with Steve41