Message from the Mediator

Important threats will be linked here.
KrystalA

Message from the Mediator

Post by KrystalA » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:04 am

Hello everyone,

My name is KrystalA and I am a mediator here on this website. I am very happy to see so many couples and singles who are into DD. I thought it was just me and that something was wrong with me lol Thankfully, you all have shown me that I'm not alone.

I wanted to write a quick message to everyone on here about communication. I have received private messages from some people stating that they were hurt by someone else's response to them or offended by what someone has posted, etc. This bothers me since there is a common denominator I see; communication. Before anyone should get too upset with someone on here, communication needs to be expressed. Not everyone on this forum is serious, upset, mad, hurt, having good days, etc. There are some here who love to joke, laugh, lift you up or simply are shy. Since we, me included, are communicating through messages and we do not actually know everyone on here personally or physically, there needs to be room for clarity when communicating. For example, If you post a question or a comment and someone's response offends you or hurts your feelings; please write to that person and ask for clarification on what they meant or what was their tone when they wrote their response. I am guilty of not doing this as well and yes, even I caused someone to stop writing on this forum for a while. But that person accepted my apology and they are back on and having a great time. None of us are perfect, we will say something that is hurtful from time to time but if you are the recipient of that hurt, please approach that person and find out what they mean or why they said what they did. If the tension or situation is not resolved by both parties, you may private message me here or private message Clint and we will step in to help solve the tension. We are a community with the same goals, to better ourselves and our relationships. Being rude, or inconsiderate does not help. In fact it will tare apart this community.

I am just asking for everyone, myself included, to make sure we communicate with each other and learn from each other. Especially when feelings are hurt.

Thank you,
KrystalA

Joshua89

Re: Message from the Mediator

Post by Joshua89 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am

Typing words have a way of becoming misconstrued. I'm sure if any of these were actual conversations with facial expressions nobody would take offense.

I enjoy the group, its helpful and is very tame compared to the the rest of the OTHER internet forums.

Thank you for helping to keep it a great place to chat!
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

Lovely

Post by Lovely » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Joshua89 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am
I enjoy the group, its helpful and is very tame compared to the the rest of the OTHER internet forums.
HA! Isn't that the sad truth. You wouldn't believe the nastiness I've seen in just a baby due date group!! :shock:

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:30 pm

I agree. Even at our worst we do pretty well here comparatively. I have a theory that the phenomenon of internet anonymity can create the same kind of unfiltered wreckless behavior seen in mobs. We do need to be careful though.

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 pm

thank you for reading and commenting. That means a lot to me know this forum is helping people.

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 am

I’m new here, but I’m doing my best to be clear on my intentions for asking questions or sharing my thoughts on something. I worried about the first post I made in my journal that I may have offended some by the way I had worded things so I tried to go back and make it 100% clear that I was not being judgemental. My intent was to gauge whether or not my own experiences were relatable to anyone else and to learn more about why others might be so strict with rules I’d never even thought to have in my relationship. I was curious about what makes certain rules important to some people and why, but it’s a delicate thing when you’re typing over the web because it can end up coming across as if I was attacking the way other people do things in their own homes. Especially being new to this forum, I also wanted to feel confident that there are, in fact, others who are being genuine and not “trolling”. I know that can seem insulting, but I also know of experiences where some have been fooled into believing they could be open and honest and then discovered it was just a big joke to the person they thought they could confide in. It didn’t take long for me to trust that I can be completely open on this forum though. It is wonderful to see so many unique perspectives and the way that people are treating each other respectfully regardless of whether or not they agree. This forum is AWESOME!
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Ever since MrsSweetie had me add the red strap line to my auto-signature I’ve found myself thinking more about what I post and how I word it. I’ve got myself into trouble a couple of times with PMs which, fortunately, were resolved by the individuals I (accidentally) disrespected direct with MrsSweetie, resulting in me getting appropriately punished, without the need for Moderator involvement. We didn’t mention them in our Journal because MrsSeeetie has a rule which states, “What goes on in a private message stays private.”
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

MrsSweetie

Post by MrsSweetie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm

sweetie wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 pm
Ever since MrsSweetie had me add the red strap line to my auto-signature I’ve found myself thinking more about what I post and how I word it. I’ve got myself into trouble a couple of times with PMs which, fortunately, were resolved by the individuals I (accidentally) disrespected direct with MrsSweetie, resulting in me getting appropriately punished, without the need for Moderator involvement. We didn’t mention them in our Journal because MrsSeeetie has a rule which states, “What goes on in a private message stays private.”
Just want say that while sweetie free to do as he please this forum there are standards i expect him live up to & he accountable me if he lets himself down & so if he impolite or he disrespectful or if he inappropriat or if he cause any offence please let me know & i’ll deal with it...

...although hopeful i wont need to!
Head of Sweetie household

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:11 pm

MrsSweetie wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm
sweetie wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 pm
Just want say that while sweetie free to do as he please this forum there are standards i expect him live up to & he accountable me if he lets himself down & so if he impolite or he disrespectful or if he inappropriat or if he cause any offence please let me know & i’ll deal with it...

...although hopeful i wont need to!
I’m fairly new here, but I’ve found sweetie to be nothing but respectful and kind! Both of y’all (sweetie & mrs sweetie) definitely live up to your nicknames far as I can tell :)
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 pm

I add my vote on the Sweeties! They are very considerate.