Does anyone in your regular life know you’re DD?

Important threats will be linked here.
kgirl

Re: Does anyone in your regular life know you’re DD?

Post by kgirl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:02 am

Ezz wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:00 am
I know this is an old thread but has some relatively recent posts. I've not had a (good) reason to post here before but my situation changed a little while ago so here goes.

Nobody had ever known about our DD lifestyle before and we've been living it for 7 years so it was all very private, apart from, of course friends in the online world. Then Jez's brother and partner found out one day when we were at their house. It was an odd situation where I was 'cautioned' by Jez, subtly, but enough that his brother's girlfriend picked up on it and asked if 'everything was ok between us'. It just felt right and appropriate to tell them. Jez looked at me, I looked at him, and without a word being spoken between us, we both knew that the time was right.

It was Jez that explained to both of them with me joining in later, adding details here and there. They were fascinated (never heard of DD before) and didn't at first ask many questions. They just sat, spellbound, listening. I don't think they took it all in straight away, almost struck dumb but were surprisingly eager to hear our story. Questions did follow in the coming days and weeks and we are now quite open about it, not in a showy off sort of way, but we don't avoid the topic if it arises.

It is somehow quite pleasant to go to visit them, knowing that they know, and we can talk about DD openly without being judged or criticised. They are quite surprisingly accommodating and accepting of it all and 'coming out' has been easy, at least with them. Obviously, until you 'come out' and explain, there's no way to tell how anyone is going to react so perhaps we were lucky in this case. Despite this success though, we have never felt the need or had the courage to tell anyone else in our lives.
Wow Ezz! That's really cool. With the exception of good DD friends I've met and hung out with, no one in my husband's or my own personal life knows we are a DD couple. That's got to be really nice! :)

Ezz

Post by Ezz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:54 am

It's lovely.
We don't make a habit of talking about DD but whenever the subject arises, they are so relaxed about it, supportive and understanding. That's the best. We don't have to 'be careful' about what we say and they are obviously comfortable with asking questions. I don't think they have any intentions of taking up the lifestyle but are always interested in hearing how we are getting on.

It's really nice to know that although she is not in a DD relationship, I can talk to Jez's brother's girlfriend about DD. She's sympathetic when things are difficult for me and I don't have to worry about telling her how I am feeling at all. She usually listens to it all and then says "Now you've told me how you feel, you need to go and tell it again to him" and I know she's right.

I know Jez talks to his brother too (they are quite close) and I'm sure that's a good thing too.
If I'm not smart, Jez will make me smart :)

PM welcome :)

His_sunshine

Post by His_sunshine » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:57 pm

I would not tell anyone in my family. I don't think they would understand and think it was abuse. But this is something we need so we are going to live it.

I do however have a best friend that is in the D/s lifestyle and she understands for the most part so I can talk to her. Some of our rules and ideas are a bit different but it is close enough that we can talk.
His_sunshine

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 am

Only my best friend. Can't even imagine the reaction of my family when they find out, let's just say they are never finding it out. My society idea quite conservative. Sadly, alternate lifestyles are not welcomed.
Jas

Miras

Post by Miras » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:35 am

SubJas wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 am
Only my best friend. Can't even imagine the reaction of my family when they find out, let's just say they are never finding it out. My society idea quite conservative. Sadly, alternate lifestyles are not welcomed.
I have something of an idea given words of my mother...
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism