How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Important threats will be linked here.
Clint

How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Post by Clint » Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 am

This was a comment we received yesterday asking how to find a local community of other Domestic Discipline couples.

... We've had some experiences with this in the past years, but I wanted to ask you guys, how many of you are asking the same question? What are your experiences?
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

ElizaK

Re: How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Post by ElizaK » Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

Like I wrote in my introduction we had friends into this where we were from, but here we don't have anyone for a face-to-face community. I would certainly like to meet some people.
Eliza

kgirl

Re: How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Post by kgirl » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 am

I love dd, but sometimes it can feel so isolating by not personally knowing enough people who practice it. I did post the state I was from and will welcome private messages. One suggestion would be to list the state/ area you are from. I just try not to be too specific about any personal information till I get to know someone. Hope this helps. :)

KarenLoveCampbell

Post by KarenLoveCampbell » Thu May 25, 2017 8:50 am

We decided that we wanted a church community and have been looking at different churches but haven't settled on one. We met one couple through that process that we think shares some of our beliefs. And we are getting to know another couple I met through school that might be in as well. Finding like-minded couples is a goal of ours.

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Thu May 25, 2017 9:03 am

Clint wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 am
This was a comment we received yesterday asking how to find a local community of other Domestic Discipline couples.

... We've had some experiences with this in the past years, but I wanted to ask you guys, how many of you are asking the same question? What are your experiences?
Hi! We vacationed with two other DD couples over a year ago. One couple was from the other side of my state, and the other couple flew in from CO. We had an awesome time and everyone got along great. We started off with private messaging, texts, then talking on the phone.

Clint, Thank you for creating your blog and forum. You both did an amazing job. :D This is the only forum my husband will allow me to be on due to safety and content. My husband plans to get on here once his work hours settle down. He is interested in talking with other HOH men. Hopefully, we will get to know other other DD couples like us. :)
-kgirl

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am

Clint and Chelsea, if you have an electronic network of DD people perhaps you could use it to facilitate local meet-ups. I would be okay with others from such a network contacting me by email. I asked my husband and he gave his permission for me to offer that.
Eliza

Clint

Post by Clint » Sat May 27, 2017 5:37 am

ElizaK wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am
Clint and Chelsea, if you have an electronic network of DD people perhaps you could use it to facilitate local meet-ups. I would be okay with others from such a network contacting me by email. I asked my husband and he gave his permission for me to offer that.
Eliza, that's a great idea! Right now I'm collecting ideas on how to facilitate this the easiest way possible.

I could

- integrate a map in the forum indicating where the users (roughly) are according to your settings
- create a meet up section divided by states or regions.
- or set up an entirely new page dedicated exclusively dedicated to meet ups.

What do you think?
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Clint

Post by Clint » Sat May 27, 2017 5:40 am

Clint wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:37 am
ElizaK wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am
Eliza, that's a great idea! Right now I'm collecting ideas on how to facilitate this the easiest way possible.

I could

- integrate a map in the forum indicating where the users (roughly) are according to your settings
- create a meet up section divided by states or regions.
- or set up an entirely new page dedicated exclusively dedicated to meet ups.

What do you think?
I'd like to stress that we highly respect privacy, so this would only concern those who opted in such things!

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:46 am

I'd be up for a Meet-Up section or page.
Eliza

gwenb

Post by gwenb » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm interested in a Domestic Discipline relationship, however I live in Boston and I'm not sure this is feasible in such a liberal city.