Life threatening illness and motivation

Important threats will be linked here.
KrystalA

Re: Life threatening illness and motivation

Post by KrystalA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 am

We won't be doing too much spanking as last night i went to the doctor and she ran an EKG. I have an arrhythmia so next week I'm going to the cardiologist. My health is getting worse so fast which causes more mood swings, bad attitude, rudeness, and bossyness. However, as I write failed today, Walter spanked me late last night for my attitude. I feel cleansed.

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:51 pm

So sorry to hear about your worsening health issues!

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm starting botox treatment next month for my migraines. My physical and occupational therapy has been going well. My movements are more together and my coordination is getting better too.
Thankfully this has not stopped Walter from continuing his disciplinarian duties. Gulp, lol I'm so thankful he is helping me with my stress. I have not needed to ask him for a spanking, he just knows when I need one. I feel so close to him, closer than ever in our near 7 years of marriage. Who would have ever known that Walter would be the man to take charge in my life to keep me safe. I love him so much.

Nswife

Post by Nswife » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Krystal, that is great news. Happy for you! I know could you imagine trying to explain to most people how a spanking helps with anxiety but I understand!

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 am

It is odd trying to explain it but it makes sense psychologically. There have been studies on this very topic. Sigmund Freud's ex-partner did that study. He discovered the release of endorphins, and dopamine in our brains. Lol I'm studying psychology in college. There is a movie about this study. I'll try to find the name of it and let you know.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Nswife wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:20 pm
I have issues with depression and anxiety. Before we started DD I would often zone out and just not do anything for hours. Nate has been holding me more accountable and my depression and and anxiety are much better then then have been in a long time. We both notice an almost immediate change in my mood and behavior following a spanking. I would never have believed the difference it can make with depression and anxiety if I was not living it.
Good luck and I hope you have some positive results !
I am the exact same way!
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Sun May 06, 2018 6:16 am

Has any of you HOHs ever find it difficult to spank when needed but you can't follow thrpugh because of your spouses health? If so, what do you do?

For those of you with health concerns, does spanking help you or make you worse? How did you get your HOH to not worry about causing you more pain?

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Tue May 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Wow. I’m surprised to find several other women who are using DD to help cope with mental health issues. My husband keeps teasing me by asking when I’m going to tell my therapist that I get spanked. To me it’s not funny and I say NEVER!!!! Because I would expect our therapy to totally derail while I get analyzed to find out what phsychological dysfunction has led me to this demented state and the authorities come to arrest K and confiscate our large cache of “weapons”. I never planned to try to convince any “normal” person that spankings and marital submission are the perfect treatment for depression. It’s kind of awesome to find people here who already know that. I had the same problems mentioned earlier of depression keeping me unproductive and then I’d be depressed and ashamed about that and end up feeling sorry for my husband ending up with such a worthless wife etc etc. It could really spiral. Now the house is so clean that I think I’m pretty dang amazing. I do have a severe chronic fatigue but I plan my resting and work carefully and have the kids help a lot. The feeling I have when K does hard work all day (his job takes both brains and braun) and comes home and still has hours of paperwork to do but the house is spotless and tidy and dinner is ready is wonderful! As opposed to the old days where he’d come home to a messy house and no dinner and his wife crying in bed. I was so ashamed and sometimes even wished he would leave me. I slip up sometimes and have had to be spanked about chores because I’m still getting used to being on top of things and staying organized. Yesterday I got a pretty hard one because I got so caught up doing yard work that I forgot about laundry and he had no clean shirt to wear to work. Ouch. And lesson learned. So I’m not a flawless housewife yet but I’m definitely not crying in bed all day either. Here’s to us struggling with mental health and doing so much better because our husbands will paddle us if we don’t!

I can’t imagine how hard it would be dealing with depression AND pain while trying to get chores done. I don’t even know what to say about that except every single thing you do accomplish you should claim as a victory. And if you’re that sick you need friends and family helping you with chores. Even hired help if possible. And like Nate said it seems tricky to determine when discipline is needed but you should just do your best and keep trying. Maybe because of your situation you could be assigned to let your husband know when you really couldn’t work and when you should have a need a spanking. Normally the HoH determines when a punishment will be given but in your case it might make more sense for you to decide. Not sure, just my best guess.

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Tue May 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Wonderful idea and yes we have talked about that. My list of health concerns equals to 15 diseases!! If it is not one thing, its another lol

NateG

Post by NateG » Tue May 08, 2018 3:28 pm

CassLynn,

Nice to hear about your victories over the depression and other issues or at least your improvements regarding them. I think it is completely logical that the DD lifestyle helps with these kind of problems. But the academic pinhead world might not understand. Although I don't know why they couldn't figure it out. Is it so hard to understand?

Keep up the good work, glad you found something that is working.

Nate