Resigning

Important threats will be linked here.
Paddlefan

Re: Resigning

Post by Paddlefan » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:12 pm

Lauren I am glad you're going to be able to participate more opnly. You always have good input .

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:52 pm

OK, thank you for a good job.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Thank you for your efforts. This forum is a very special little corner of the web. There's nothing else out there quite like it. Believe me, I looked. I hope somebody can step into your shoes and keep things humming along.

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:02 pm

Happy New Year Lauren and thank you for all your sacrifices and service on behalf of us all over the years, best wishes!
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."(John 1:4)

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:39 pm

A member asked me if anyone was moderating. I replied that I was technically still doing it. What I have learned with my recent experiences with Brandon is that I take control when no one else is. Clint is ignoring my resignation and so I have continued being Mod because I love this place and I don't want it to become trash. That ends tonight.

I apologize in advance for the spamming, trolls and disguising people you are now unfortunately going to see. I love this place but I do not enjoy the time or energy it takes to run it. It has taken away from my family and myself.

This is my official, official resignation. I am letting go of the reigns.

God speed!

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:01 am

Well, I guess everybody here is going to have to just be more savvy, careful, and get a thicker skin about handling trolls and troublemakers. I would rather have it that way than no forum at all.

tedJ

Post by tedJ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 am

I'm obviously still fairly new here, so I don't want to open a can of worms. But, I have wondered a couple of things since I found this group and may be relevant to the great resignation here:
  • Has there been any discussion or consideration to moving this forum to a different platform? I'm part of some forums for completely unrelated topics and they all use Discord. It's structured differently and I'm not definite that's the platform to use, but point being that I wonder if there's a newer, more modern platform that would provide stronger spam-bot/troll management and additional privacy/security (not be constantly scrubbed by the search engines.) I suspect a different platform may offer greater flexibility for things like heat maps to show where members reside for the purpose of meetups, etc. Just brainstorming...
  • They also all have a means by which to financially support the cause. I realize DD is a more sensitive topic that would have to ensure the confidentiality of members who contribute. I don't expect anyone gets rich off of managing a forum, but a little compensation might go a long way to doing an otherwise thankless job that takes people from themselves and family.
Again, still new and just trying to figure out the dynamics, but wondered if perhaps these things have been discussed, considered, etc. Like others have said, this seems like a unique group and I'd hate to see this forum become overrun with spam for things that can be improved to create a better experience for everyone.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:08 am

tedJ,

If someone else would like to start something on a different platform, then that would be awesome. It's just not going to be me. I do not have enough knowledge or time to do so.

Your second option is very kind. The problem here is for someone to be Mod on this forum and have all the tools they need to do the job, Clint has to give them to that person. Currently I am the only person with those powers. And Clint hasn't been active here in over a year. He came on in June but did not do anything. I can not transfer my power over to someone if I wanted to!! But like I said, this was a volunteer position to HELP him. Not do his job.

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:21 am

If I were building this today I would use the Discourse forum software. it was created by one of the founders of StackOverflow and has gamification and social rewards including the ability to auto-promote respected members to have limited moderation powers.

It would really be best if any change were with Clint's cooperation and participation. I am hoping we are able to reach him.

I don't like the idea of using discord. Because of the way it works, it's impossible to use it simultaneously for two identities and frankly, I don't want to be outed.

--Jacob

Summer

Post by Summer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:57 am

I’m not sure discord would be good either, but I wouldn’t mind trying something new and will look at discourse.

I agree it would be great if we could get in touch with Clint.