Loss

Important threats will be linked here.
oldfashionedwife

Loss

Post by oldfashionedwife » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:26 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I haven't been here in quite a while. My husband has been very ill. He passed away on February 13th...I am beyond devastated and finding it hard to cope. If anyone here has experienced the same loss...How did you get thru it? I know it hasn't been even a month yet but does the excrutiating pain ever stop ?

Fran

Re: Loss

Post by Fran » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 am

Hi, I am very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how devastated you are. We unfortunately lost my dad at the end of March last year due to Covid and it happened at the end of the first week of lockdown in the UK and because of when it happened it meant that everything was closed and we couldn't do anything together as a family or even support each other properly for that matter and had to wait two weeks before we could have my dad's funeral. It will be 1 year for us on 28th March and the year has dragged in and been very quick at the same time. Our family and my mum have all had our ups and downs since we lost him and felt things particularly bad on special occasions like our first Christmas etc without him around but my dad had other underlying health issues anyway which we wouldn't have wanted him to be struggling on just for one of his other things to take him and he wouldn't have coped with Covid for this length of time so in some ways it was a blessing for us that he was taken at the beginning than hanging on for something else. We still miss him very much though and I think we will for a long time and I know the last weekend of this month will be a really difficult one for us but things are slowly beginning to ease for us. I hope you have some family and friends who can give you some support at this really difficult time but if you need an ear on here I would be happy to chat some more if you feel you need some support from someone who understands what you are going through.

Take care of yourself and let your grief out whenever you need to. Because of lockdown my grief didn't hit me until around 2 months after my dad passed away and it hit me really hard and I had to take some more time off work to be able to cope with things.

Virtual hugs to you,

Fran. X

oldfashionedwife

Post by oldfashionedwife » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:52 pm

That's the thing. I am letting the grief out but it's never ending. I can't even cope with day to day living. Our relationship was so intense and close that I feel like part of me left with him...

darrone

Post by darrone » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:48 am

I'm very sorry to learn of your loss.

It's been said that grief is the price of love. Your sense of loss shows how great your love was - and still is. Love so deep is a wonderful thing to have experienced; many people in the world haven't known that profound connection.

I hope you have family and friends to help and support you, even though it's harder in these pandemic times. Also, I hope your many great memories will comfort and sustain you.

I think every person experiences grief in their own unique way. There's no "one-size-fits-all" approach to it. Just let the feelings be part of you and know that, over a period of time, your dearly departed will be a source of strength.

Take care of your self, both mind and body. Eat as best you can. Take rest. Let others assist you.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 am

My prayers and condolences

Miras

Post by Miras » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 am

My condolences too!
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism