Reviews of the Guide To Domestic Discipline

Important threats will be linked here.
Clint

Reviews of the Guide To Domestic Discipline

Post by Clint » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 pm

... I just checked out our guide on Amazon (the guide can be bought here: amazon.com/dp/B01MSKO68V ).
There is a long post introducing it and you can find it here:
http://domestic-discipline.net/the-guid ... ationship/

It doesn't have any reviews (none!) - although it's being sold often. Obviously I could just write one myself, but instead I wanted to ask all of you here:

- have you bought / read the guide?
- If so, did it fulfil your expectations (i.e. a guide to Domestic Discipline...)
- if it did, I'd like to ask you to give a favourable review!
- and if you haven't read the guide: would you be interested in any kind of DD related info presented in another way (say, a video (course)) or is the blog sufficient?
- if you bought the guide and did not like it - why did you not like? Was something missing, did some chapters not make sense?

I'm looking forward to a great discussion ;)

... and I hope everyone is enjoying their summer right now with their families!
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Nikki

Re: Reviews of the Guide To Domestic Discipline

Post by Nikki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 am

I don't use Kindle, so, no, I have not read it. I'll see if a friend can get it for me and loan me their Kindle for a day.

On another question you posed, I think a video class would be helpful.

aliM

Post by aliM » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 am

Hi Clint,

I do use a Kindle and have read both books on it (the guides to domestic discipline and boot camp).

They were both very informative and the first helped me decide to bring the idea of DD to my husband (I've not brought up the idea of boot camp yet).

I did not write an Amazon review of this book firstly because I'm generally shy about giving my opinion in totally public places, and secondly because I don't like writing criticism publicly.

Although I found the content of the first DD book most helpful, I also found some problems with the Kindle layout (missing section headings, headings run together with the following text) and at least one instance of a copy and paste mistake of a whole paragraph. Also, in many places the text is identical to the blog, which sometimes makes it awkward to read. I did find the chapter summaries to be an excellent idea. They are also very well written.

In summary, I'd say the book would only need a little editing (a second edition perhaps?) to turn it from good and useful to great. Given the quality of the chapter summaries and the Boot Camp book I'm sure you would have no problem re-editing the DD book. I'd also be happy to help if you wish.

Clint

Post by Clint » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 am

Nikki wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 am
On another question you posed, I think a video class would be helpful.
Nikki,

thanks for this idea! I've actually thought about this for some time. I'll probably start a survey here on this forum, and if more people would like to have a video class, we'll produce one - a great idea!
aliM wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 am
Hi Clint,

Although I found the content of the first DD book most helpful, I also found some problems with the Kindle layout (missing section headings, headings run together with the following text) and at least one instance of a copy and paste mistake of a whole paragraph. Also, in many places the text is identical to the blog, which sometimes makes it awkward to read. I did find the chapter summaries to be an excellent idea. They are also very well written.

In summary, I'd say the book would only need a little editing (a second edition perhaps?) to turn it from good and useful to great. Given the quality of the chapter summaries and the Boot Camp book I'm sure you would have no problem re-editing the DD book. I'd also be happy to help if you wish.
Ali,

thanks for this info! Yes I suspected this, and we'll work on this. We'll haul over the book - that needs to be done. Thanks! ;)
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Clint

Post by Clint » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:16 pm

So I just wanted to give you all a heads up that we recently relaunched the Guide.

I didn't know that the formatting was so messed up...! There must have happened some kind of error when we uploaded the guide.
There is also a new paperback versino available:

amazon.com/Guide-Domestic-Discipline-Successful-Relationship/dp/154956594X

If you have the "Old" version on your kindle, I suggest that you update it (this is a how-to:
howtogeek.com/tips/how-to-get-the-latest-version-of-your-kindle-books-including-ours/ )

Please tell us what you think! I'm still not happy that no one reviewed it.